We'd love to hear from you. Whether it's words of encouragement (can never have enough of those), a question about the adoption process or whatever else moves you, please feel free to leave a comment.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Is this week over yet?
A little midweek report: Bob took the buy-out yesterday and our IEP (Individual Education Plan) evaluation meeting with Garrett's special ed team is a little less than an hour from now.
Looking forward to hearing the update. I forgot to tell you that Nick had his IEP yesterday. Nick happened to make up a speech appt on a day that our ST works with other children and an Occu. Therapist. So she (the OT) did a quick screen because she was concerned about his pencil holding...still does the clench fist grasp and his scissor cutting...wants to hold them upside down. He gest real frustrated if I try to work on these things with him so they decided to do and "official" OT eval and get him involved with that training also. He still has some things to work on in speech so we actually added a therapy this time. I hope he will work with them on his hand skills because I think that will help him with wanting to write letters. I was happy with how ours went....I hope you have good feel and lots of interaction from your.
6 comments:
Congrats to Bob and Good luck with your Education meeting.
Looking forward to hearing the update. I forgot to tell you that Nick had his IEP yesterday. Nick happened to make up a speech appt on a day that our ST works with other children and an Occu. Therapist. So she (the OT) did a quick screen because she was concerned about his pencil holding...still does the clench fist grasp and his scissor cutting...wants to hold them upside down. He gest real frustrated if I try to work on these things with him so they decided to do and "official" OT eval and get him involved with that training also. He still has some things to work on in speech so we actually added a therapy this time. I hope he will work with them on his hand skills because I think that will help him with wanting to write letters. I was happy with how ours went....I hope you have good feel and lots of interaction from your.
talk soon! Ky k
Hoping that all went well with the IEP - can't wait to hear ...
Wishing Bob well with his decision!
Best wishes!
I am anxious to hear the update too..I hope it went well and you got some good info to help the G-man! :)
Hope the meeting went well.
Post a Comment