Thursday, June 11, 2009

Best buds for life


From day one, Garrett and Isaac have been glued to the hips. We've wanted to get them together for so long, but Isaac is the son of Garrett's Kindergarten teacher, so she felt uncomfortable with the thought of play dates until she was no longer his teacher. Well that day finally came yesterday—the first day of summer break. Here are they are having fun at our house (I didn't get a lot of pictures because they didn't stand still for long).
It was funny to watch them interact. They're like two brothers, playing and tattling on each other. (Tattling is a side of Garrett I've never seen before.) What I love about Isaac is he is so patient and explains everything to him. For example, when Garrett points to a dog, Isaac tells him in detail what type of a dog it is. All in all, I see a lot of play dates in these boys' future.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cool! What a great friend to have. They look so cute together.

That also speaks highly of G's KG teacher! Kudos to her, and lucky you guys for having such an ethical teacher.

Anita said...

Looks like they had a great time!
I'm glad Garrett has such a good friend!

kitzkazventure said...

Awww, they look like great, great friends! So glad that Garrett has found a playdate mate!

McMary said...

They are so cute together--it is a great thing to find a good friend.

Also--loved the Kindergarten memory book and his drawing did realy improve. I like the way he draws people. He will continue to grow and learn with all the love and help from his Mama and Papa.

4texans said...

That is so wonderful that he has a good buddy!

Kelly and Sne said...

That is great that Garrett has a best friend.