Monday, July 13, 2009

Found it

That is we (or I should say Bob) found our camera. It was hidden way back on top of the refrigerator. My download, starting with the Kitzman visit: here's the Gman, Nick and Lexi's nephew, Dakota (such a great kid, so patient and kind).Bob and the boys hanging in the butterfly pavilion.Nick and his dad, Patrick. The many adorable faces of Nick. Boys touching fish.The end-to-a-wonderful-day group shot:Please come again and visit us soon.

Here's Jennifer sporting two wristwatches (one was set on EST and the other we weren't quite sure). Let's just say she was on HIGH alert waiting for the "call." And as for Marshall, everything was a blur. Then I discovered this FREE sprinkler park just a few blocks from the house (to think I've lived here for 12 years and never seen nor heard of the place).


The day before the 4th, Sade, Garrett and I headed out to the strawberry patch. This is an annual tradition Sade and I do every year. We always travel 40 miles north to Anoka to Berry Hill Farms—and this year's crop of strawberries were berry, berry ripe. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) G had a great time while Mom was dealing with major poison ivy flare-up. NTS: long sleeves don't prevent itchiness while trolling through bushes. Next year, skip the event entirely if poison ivy is on the radar. Scroll down to the very last photo. It shows a box full of carefully picked fruit. Note the rich color. The beautiful shape. Because that's the last time you'll see them— just two minutes later Garrett tripped and down it went. The berries were so ridiculously ripe that the short fall to the ground rendered them into mush. Ever seen a grown woman cry?







Last, but not least, Fourth of July. This year we decided to go to the fireworks, which I thought would be interesting given Garrett's sensory issues. They were being shot off at the park across the street from his school. So it was fun to watch Aquila Primary Center light up the sky. The festivities started promptly at 10:00 a.m. By the time we reached the finale, the little kazman was fast asleep (see final photo).

Sure glad we found the camera because the next round of photos will be of Garrett's birthday party. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Susan said...

that is BERRY BERRY sad about the strawberries all spilling...there were so many! and BERRY painful sounding poison ivy!!

Garrett is such a doll-dang that boy is one good looking kid.
looks like ya'll had a blast with Nick and family too!!

the free sprinkler park looked great too!!!

After hearing how cool Minnesota is I want to come visit! :)

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Oh, so sorry about the berries!

I was ticked to see Garrett sleep while holding his stomach. My son does that, too!

Susan

Patrick & Eileen said...

I loved this update! Sorry about the strawberries! I've never gone strawberry picking but in CA my family used to go cherry picking. Growing up and then when I married Pat (while we lived in CA) we'd buy huge flats of strawberries from roadside vendors. Gosh, they were so good!

Oh, that sprinkler park looks so neat! I wish we had one here for Audrey. I just know she'd love it!

Eileen

kitzkazventure said...

Great pics, I might have to steal a few! Your family one is better although you can tell I was "motherly-like" pinching Nick to get him to look up! hee,hee!

Haven't talk to Cinci in a bit....hope to see her soon. I still have that stinkin fever! Week and a half!

Sorry about the berries....I would have been so sick about losing them! They looked yummy!

McMary said...

So glad you found it--awesome pictures. You guys do so many fun things.

Jack and Cheryl said...

Glad you found you're camera -- the pictures are wonderful.

It looks like you guys are having a great summer. The strawberries looked so yummy, sorry they didn't make it long, we've gone picking before and I know how much work went into picking that many strawberries! Did you at least get to enjoy a few while picking?

Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!

Kelly and Sne said...

Cool photos! Amazing how you now find things in the strangest places...