We had a great day yesterday, celebrating his birthday. I have a gazillion photos, so get ready to be bombarded. Before I start the picture show, I have a few people to thank. Starting with my best friend Suzanne P. This year's theme was everyone's favorite underwater critter—and Suzanne's mother captured his true likeness.
Her 11-year old son, Jack, and his friend Alexis rocked. They planned, set up and ran the games—and did a great job keeping those wiggly boys in line. My other friend Suzanne was an amazing cheerleader (this woman has such enthusiasm and zest for life—I truly love her spirit) and did a mean elephant walk. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now let the games begin. Starting with the water balloon toss, which I totally missed because the kids threw them all at once. Then there were the relay races. 










Next came the remote car races: 






Then, of course, it wouldn't be a party without the bean bag toss.





The adults needed a break and the kids needed to get wet.




Bob grilled what seemed like hundreds of hot dogs, brats and burgers. (Thanks honey for being the Grill Master.) Garrett flanked by two of his best buddies, Isaac and Elijah.More school buddies, from left Devin, Javon and Marissa.
Of course a party wouldn't be a party without a cake. It was windy enough that it took quite some time to get all seven candles lit. In the end, Garrett only had one or two to blow out.





Last, but certainly not least, was unwrapping the presents. OMG this sensory seeking kid was on overload. He's never seen nor received so many presents. It was like he was on crack. At one point, he screamed out, "It's all MINE!!!!!!" It was scary, to say the least.









I'll end it with my little mom mistake. Last year, I bought cheap balloons, which I couldn't blow up if my life depended on it. This year I went with the best: 20 balloons for $7.98. The packaging said they were easy to blow up. (And that's all it said.) I was sold. An hour before the party, after "easily" blowing up multiple balloons, Suzanne B. brought this to my attention:
Thank goodness most of the kids couldn't read it. Isaac's mom put it best, "Garrett is graduating from six to seven." It's all in the spin, baby, all in the spin.
13 comments:
Wow, that cake is totally impressive. Cake sounds so good to me....maybe I should make one. Happy Bday to Gman again!
Had a quart of blood drawn again today....still no clue about the fever. I have only the fever and I am on the edge, I can totally identify now with all those crazy emotions you were having when you were sick without an end in sight....at least I know you finally got well! :)
Can't wait to see the bday in pics! Good luck on your deadline!
Miss you! lexi
Happy Birthday, Garrett!
Happy Birthday Garrett!!!
Happy Birthday Garrett!!!!
I hope you enjoyed it. Great cake :)
Lots to celebrate! Great cake and looks like a fun party! Happy bday Garrett!
Happy birthday Garrett!
What a very nice post! 1.5 years already?!? :-)
Your balloons made me LOL! and that's good considering how I feel! :) What a great party you had for Gman! I remember after Nick's big "first" party with gifts and all, I said....ok, we shall never have another party that involves gifts, again! OK, maybe when he is 16 and sulking which would offset the crazy sensory person but not til then! ;) Gman had a great time I am sure and I still think that cake rocks! Love the slip n slide too!
OH MY GOSH! what a fun, amazing, AWESOME SPONGE BOB PARTY!!!
I loved his cake, and all the games!! It was so clear the kids were having a blast!!
I don't blame Gman for goin a lil crazy with all the presents. It's a lot!! He is so handsome and it warmed my heart to see him having so much carefree fun with his buddies.
GREAT JOB MOM! and I'd say he graduated from a lot this past year-the balloons were PERFECT!
:)
Happy Birthday Garrett!
The party looks like a lot of fun, you did a great job!
Happy Birthday Garrett!!
Charlie had a great time talking with you last night/tonight. (I don't know what day it is... I'm such a night owl...) Looks like everyone had a great time at the party!
Charlie has been telling everyone for 2 days "I'm 5 and a half and my best friend is 7!!"
See you all soon!
That looked like a great and memorable birthday party!!! Happy Birthday Garrett!!
What a fun birthday party for Garrett! I loved the comment "its all mine" too funny! And the balloons with the congrats grad is funny too. That is something would do too.
What a great party. Funny story about the balloons--your friend's spin on it was fabulous.
Thanks for the heartfelt honest entries on my blog. I have also felt great support from the blogging adoption community and I have really appreciated all the support you give.--even when you are so busy. Thanks
Post a Comment