Update: we made real progress on the dossier this week. We got to check off medical and psych evaluations, work verifications, home confirmation, apostilled divorce decrees from Illinois, home study--and the biggest accomplishment--receiving a notarized copy of the doctor's license. Understand this was BIG. Not only did our GPs refuse us a copy of their license but also refused to include their license number on our medical evaluation. (Something about it being used for illegal drug purchases.) Even after our adoption agency assured them that it would be part of a sealed document that only the Kazakahstan Consulate would see.
So I was on a mission to find a doctor who would comply. I started calling doctor office after doctor office. Same response: no can do. Racking my brain I remembered a Russian doctor we saw last summer who examined a Russian orphan we were hosting. Being from Eastern Europe perhaps he would understand why Kazakhstan had these requirements. Bingo. No problem.
So now the only documents we're waiting on are the FBI clearance and the USCIS I-171H. Hopefully we can wrap this up by end of month. In the meantime, we're heading up the north shore this week with our dog Cody for some much needed R&R. Just imagine, our next big trip will be to Almaty and Uralsk.
6 comments:
Great thinking on calling the Russian doctor - glad you can put that behind you! I'm excited to be able to follow your blog now too. I'll email back on the other stuff hopefully tomorrow or so...
Hello! My husband and I returned from Kazakhstan in December with our beautiful baby girl. She was born in Uralsk and we found her in baby house #2. We spent 7 weeks in Kazakhstan, 5 of those being in Uralsk. The paperwork process is long, hard, and trying but I promise so very much worth everything you go through. All of mental stresses you're going through at this point will vanish the minute you hold your baby in your arms! Good luck!
Hi Karen - this is Lisa - we talked about a month ago :). Congrats on getting started - and OH I HEAR YOUR PAIN on the documents chase! but good for you -looks like your resourcefulness is already kicking in - no surprise there. I'll look forward to following your journey!
Lisa
Best to you on your journey! We adopted from Uralsk last fall (September/October). We love Kazakhstan and Uralsk and most of all, our wonderful kiddos (we have 2 beautiful sons)! It was such a great experience! Please feel free to contact me with any questions! Our Kaz blog is falkjourney. blogspot.com
Hi,
We just returned from Uralsk this July. We came home with a SN girl from babyhouse #1. We spent over five weeks in Uralsk and nearly one in Almaty. Our blog is delrosarioadoptionsaga.spaces.live.com feel free to read and contact me. Good luck.
Tracey
Hello and congratulations!
We are also in the dossier process for adopting from Kazakhstan. Perhaps we will be traveling about the same time (although we don't know our region yet.)
Feel free to visit our blog at www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com
Best wishes,
Regina
Post a Comment