Friday, August 24, 2007

The lady who's loving him.

We perspective adoptive parents tend to be very persistent. We bombard our adoption agencies with lots of questions, issues and concerns. Many times on a daily basis.

Well, I had to share this email from my one of my agency contacts. She has 10 children (bless her heart). This was her reply after I sent her a grilling email.

"I love every one of you:). I walked the same path...it is perfectly fine with me that you care...I am right here to help. :)
I just returned from taking my six-year-old back to Bulgaria to see the Director of his orphanage where he lived for two years.,.he says "she is the lady who loved me while I waited for you to come"...amazing trip."

Her little boy's response brought tears to my eyes. Right now, our little boy is waiting for us to come and bring him home. And, once we're there, we'll thank the lady who's loving him right now.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

That's so sweet! Thanks for posting it. It brought tears to my eyes too.

Jeannine said...

Karen & Bob, Your story reminds me of a point made to me by another parent: their daughter only became available for adoption 2 days before they arrived in Kaz--so if they had not been delayed, if they had traveled at the time they were told they would, they would never have met her. It sounds a little corny, but I guess it all happens for a reason and in this case, that reason is the child we are meant to find..