For those of you who wish to learn Russian (or УЧИ РУССКИЙ), here are a few online resources that I just found out about:
Learning the Russian language, for English speakers. A free Wikibook http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Russian
Text translation online—Google language tools. A more or less coherent machine translation (choose English-Russian or vice versa from the drop- down menu). http://www.google.com/language_tools
Translit—a virtual Russian keyboard. If you do not have Russian language installed on your computer, this online service will transliterate the English letters you type into Cyrillic letters. For example, “spasibo” will become “спасибо”, and so on. Use the character codes listed on top of the screen. http://translit.ru/
Online radio stream—Ekho Moskvy—Echo of Moscow Radio station. In Russia, “Echo of Moscow” is a well-respected radio station offering varied content, from news to music and talk shows. When on page, click on (---слушать эфир---) to listen (requires WinAmp or RealOne Player installed, and a broadband connection for best results). http://www.echo.msk.ru/sound.html
If your Russian is only so-so, check out the latest Russian news in English from The Moscow Times, an online newspaper. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/indexes/01.html
BBC in Russian World news and Russian news in Russian. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/news/default.stm
3 comments:
Thanks! I will look into these. They sound great! Spaseeba!
Cool! Thanks for the links. I want to try to learn more than the very limited words I already know. My plan is to expose Dmitrii to the Russian language as he grows up so he can keep part of his culture. We still use "sok" for juice "nyet" for no and a few other small words. I also ask him "g'dyeh papa, sista or braht?" for where's daddy, sister or brother.
I want to play my learn to speak Russian cd's while he sleeps but I am waiting until I know he has a really good grasp of English first. Although I think it would have been okay to do from the day he got home... might of helped him learn English even.
I bet knowing more Russian will come in really handy when traveling over there. It looks like a very hard language to learn, I guess because they don't have our same alphabet.
Post a Comment