Friday, December 7, 2007

So, why go private three days sooner?

As I wrote earlier, I was planning to make our blog private on Sunday, but a recent comment prompted me to take action right away. Someone under the veil of “Anonymous” pounded out an attack against the IB program (which I wrote about in my last posting). Something about creating children that were un-American and then it got a lot uglier from there. While I do believe in freedom of the “electronic” press, my intention for this blog was never to be political in nature.

So to keep it positive and informative, I decided it was time to lock the door and give only my “blog” buddies the key.

11 comments:

Paula said...

Good for you guys. One funny story: the day after I made my blog private I did get a rude comment...it was from my Dad! (he's and atheist and I'm a Christian, so sometimes we disagree about things) LOL

Susan said...

i'm glad i'm a blog buddy. :)
I won't say anything mean and i thought the school sounded rockin!

Unknown said...

There seems to always be someone who wants to turn personal blogs into some sort of political forum. There are blogs out there for that kind of thing. Adoption blogs are such a personal sharing of our lives and hearts. People should respect them for what they are and not try to make them a negative place.

Amazing how these people always hide behind the anonymous label!

sabarter said...

Thanks for the invite. Sorry someone left a bug on your blog. I warn people in my first posts that I might offend and that they can just read or not. I am really excited for you. Happy Holidays.

Kim said...

People are INSANE! I am going private too. Last night I joined a Yahoo group and today I got my first two emails from it...they were both about MY blog! Are you kidding me?!?!? Someone posted my blog to the group and people were debating about it. Totally freaked me out!

Kim

Kelly and Sne said...

It does make you wonder about people who are zenophobic yet interested in international adoption! What, are they adopting solely to create new little American citizens??? I think they're seriously missing the point and that attitude does their foreign-born child a real disservice. And it's too bad that other PAPs will have to suffer because of it (one bad apple?). In any case, you are doing the right thing as these blogs are more a forum for sharing and support.... in other words, if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it!

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah and thank you for the invite!

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah and thank you for the invite!

Thad and Ann said...

So sorry you got a mean comment, the school sounds great, why do people feel the need to bash another's choice..esp when they weren't asked? Honestly!

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I can vouch for IB. It ROCKS and the students in IB in our district head to the Ivy League if they choose. Too bad some "anonymous" idiot felt the need to criticize your choices. Yes, these blogs are personal adoption stories but I'm glad we all write about the choices we will make in how we raise our children. Good luck ;-)

Alaina said...

That's really too bad! People can be so unbelievable! Hope you are well!