
The first major winter blast hit us yesterday afternoon with as much as six inches landing in the metro area. (Or so our local media would like us to believe.) Here’s our “official” backyard reading. You be the judge—does it qualify for major status?

Cody, our 10-year-old puppy, loves frolicking in the snow. Here he tries using his blue-eye charm to lure me out to play. “Wait ‘till next year,“ I tell him, “there’ll be a little boy who’ll pelt you with snowballs to within inches of your life and then expect you to race him down the sledding hill.” Somehow Cody wasn't buying it.
Now for an adoption update: as of yesterday, our dossier has been at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for one month. We don't expect a lot of movement in December, what with all the holidays fast approaching. We've also been told there's a backlog of dossiers in Uralsk, so we're not sure how quickly they'll be processed.
For Cody, Bob and I, waiting is a hard game to play.
6 comments:
Glad to see you guys are getting some snow. We live in Tahoe and still don't have anything. Have fun. Hopefully we'll get some in time for a white Christmas.
wow-look at that snow. Amazing-and it's 80 degrees here. We were at a Christmas party with SAnta today and it was weird that the kids were also in their bathing suits in the pool. :)
I hear ya sister, our dossiers i think got caught in the slow down of the new year. Oh well!!!
Love the dog picture. :)
The snow looks BEAUTIFUL and your doggy is adorable! And, we are so thinking of you as you wait. Waiting is excruciating - I wish I had figured out the cure while I was waiting, but all I did was realize that the waiting sucked. So, all we can offer at this point...our prayers that things move along swiftly for you guys! Thinking of you!
I am jealous of the snow! We are in CT and had about 5 minutes of snow and lots of ice! Awful! The waiting is not very fun at all but you will get through it with the help of your blog community! Just think, as you prepare for this Christmas, next Christmas will be so special!
Thinking of you both,
Kim
I'm glad Bob steered out of that one and you guys avoided a big accident! We pretty much stayed put inside. It was pretty beautiful, but I think I'm ready for some blue water, white sandy beaches, and maybe a beverage with an umbrella in it! :-)
Here's hoping the dossier keeps on movin'!
I hear you, I have now had the snowblower out twice and my 9 year old puppy was acting like she was just 1, and in her excitement, she decided to run away and play cat and mouse for half an hour. Ugh! The snow gets them all crazy! :)
Christy - Your fellow MN adoptive mom!
Post a Comment