
While getting ready for bed last night, Garrett started fiddling with his radio when he hit upon Bing Crosby crooning, "White Christmas." All of a sudden, the kid is jumping up and down, out of control, screaming "Christmas" and pointing to the boom box. He figured because it was on the radio that it must be true. (After all, everybody knows the radio never lies.) I asked him what that meant, so he ran to the tree and grabbed his gift from Aunt Laura. He was ready, right there and then, to tear into it. You see, I've been telling him he has to wait until Christmas to open any gifts, so we've been counting down the days. (Unfortunately as of last night, he still had four more days to go.) How do you tell a child that it's only a song and the lyrics are about "dreaming" of a white Christmas? Although he was seriously disappointed, he got over it. It's hard to be patient when you're only six years old.
Here's the crooner to get you in the mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1GPxcxrBkI (Hey, leave those presents alone–you've still got three more days to go.)
6 comments:
AWWWWWWWWWWWW. What a sweet story. That is adorable. Just a few more days to go, Garrett!
Charlie has been after his presents too! It's killing him! I love to see the excitement in his eyes... it really is such a "magical" time for them! Too funny that he thought he had heard a musical announcement that Christmas was "happening" now...
Ha!
That's so sweet! Although Miras recognizes Santa (but cried when he met him in person), he doesn't quite 'get' Christmas yet. I suppose we should enjoy THAT while it lasts too though... ha!
OH MY GOD THAT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!! What a great story. He'll probably enjoy that one when he is older!
that is a great story!! I SO remember being little and just DYING to open the gifts, and trying SO hard to go to sleep so Santa would come and squeezing my eyes really tight.
one year, I opened all my gifts under the tree and re-wrapped them. It was a sad Christmas for me since I knew almost all my gifts. I learned a good lesson though.
Now-I have to keep my eyes OPEN to wait for everyone to go to bed so that I can play Santa and get everything ready. Funny how the tables are turned...I could really care less about opening anything-just love to watch the kids open theirs...even the "big" kids at 26 and 28. :)
Garrett is going to love Christmas, but I think you and Bob will love it even more!
hope bob is recovering from his foot surgeries!
LOVED the card!
That is such a cute story. One more day and he will not know what hit him! :)
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment