Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all

Our first Christmas together as a family of three was a quiet one. Bob was recovering from toe surgery. He went in for his left toe and asked the surgeon to do the right one while he was at it. (Who does this?) Also it's a Christmas post—we're probably the only blog that puts a photo of bandaged toes on theirs. Okay, you're probably wondering what happened to the adorable shot of Garrett and our dog Cody. (Now isn't that so expected? LOL.) If you scroll down there are a few cute shots of a child opening presents. While Bob was recuperating, I was battling my 6th (or maybe 7th) cold of the year. This one came courtesy of my son. (The gift that keeps on giving.) Poor Garrett, Santa stuck him with a gimpy papa and a wheezy mama.


We all got what we wanted: a beautiful son, a wii game console (Bob has been dropping hints for one like Hiroshima bombs) and I got an early present—two brand spanking new windows for our drafty upstairs bedroom. Between the new insulation Bob just got done putting in and the windows, the room now reaches a "toasty" 58º instead of in the low 40's. My only hope is we get a BIG refund this year (adoption refund money), so we can buy a new furnace. The one we have is on borrowed time—it's over 40 years old and very inefficient (hence the lack of heat on the second floor). Anyway, sorry I digressed.

Merry Christmas one and all. Peace, hope and love in '09.

6 comments:

marsrob said...

GREAT PHOTO! Merry Xmas to you all!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Love the picture! Merry Christmas! Cannot wait to hear about Garrett's day.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas.

kitzkazventure said...

Merry Christmas to you! Our pics are similar this year....really cute Kazakh boy and really cute dog...can't go wrong with that combo! ha! Hope your first Christmas with Garrett went well! Nick has done really well...I'm so proud! :)

McMary said...

What an adorable picture.

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Kim said...

Hope you had a great Christmas. The photos are great! I read the stranger danger post and I wish I had some advice. We haven't had that yet. When we do, I will ask you! :)

Happy New Year.