Not another cold but a sinus infection, an ear infection and bronchitis (but being treated as walking pneumonia). I finally went to the doctor and yes, there was definitely more going on than a cold. So I've been laid up all week, taking antibiotics. So far, I don't feel much better, but I was told I was contagious until Friday so maybe it takes that long for the drugs to kick in. They did some blood work and a chest x-ray. I'm also anemic and the x-ray shows something funky going on in my lower right lung. There was no radiologist on staff to interpret it (also didn't hear anything today so I'm assuming it was nothing serious). So all I can do is sit up (day and night) so I don't go into coughing fits. Thankfully Bob is back from his trip, but his knee is really in bad shape. Most probably, he'll need surgery sooner rather than later. I'm just so ready to feel better again (and for these sub-frigid temps to go away). Enough already.
Update: Heard back from the doctor's office, I do have pneumonia. I'll keep you posted on how the antibiotics are doing. (I'm halfway through and feel no difference yet.) Has anyone out there ever have pneumonia? This is all new to me.
11 comments:
oh my goodness-well thank goodness you finally got some diagnosis. The antibiotiotics will hopefully work their magic quickly.
prayers and healing vibes your way sweetie!
ugh! sickness sucks!
Oh man Karen! This has been one rough winter for you! Where oh where is spring time?
I'm glad you were able to get some meds, and I hope it all goes away fast and quickly.
Here's to next month being perfectly healthy! :-)
GOODNESS GRACIOUS YOU POOR THING! This is ROTTEN! I am so sorry you are going through this. Please, let's get spring on its way!
Good Grief!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you... you have had a rough go of it!
Goodness! Take care!
Oh no Karen .... hoping that the meds start to work soon so you start to feel better. It sounds as if you're having a tough time.
Take care of yourself!!!
Feel better soon & take care of yourself!!
Darlene
Yuck! Sorry to hear that it is worse than a cold. My mother had walking pneumonia once and it took her awhile to get over it. Make sure you get plenty of rest. I hope you feel better soon.
Wow--what a winter you have had. Pnemonia can really get a person down so try to get as much rest as possible (I know--hard to do with a little guy that needs you).
Take care and rest, rest, rest.
Wow thank GOD you went to the Dr. I understand pneumonia is not only terribly to spell, but its worse to have! I never had that but I did have pleurisy (spelling)? It took awhile to get over it. Steriods helped, I think. Careful what they give you -- too much meds can harm your liver. AND antibiotics of course can give you a nasty yeast infection everywhere. You're probably really worn down ...thoughts and prayers are with you. Please update us on the xrays...
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Post a Comment