Friday, September 28, 2007

Omigod!!!!

Look what unexpectedly popped up in my in-box today:

FW: VISA 37 PER-WILLIAMS KAREN & ROBERT

Karen-

This is your lucky day! CIS has issued your approval!! Please read the attached approval—opening each file with the tab on the bottom. Ensure that everything is spelled correctly. If so—you are on your way. You can forward the e-mail to your source and/or print them a copy. You should also receive a follow-up copy in the mail within the next 4-5 days.

Note on the first page—your name is listed as “Pere.” The excel box only allows for a certain amount of words—so often when families have hyphenated names, only the first is able to be listed on that page.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Congrats!

Jane

It's official: we really are going to be parents soon. We received our I-600A approval (or rather the I-171H that I've been yammering about) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The title of the document reads: Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. (All of this without holding one candlelight vigil outside the local USCIS office.)

It's Christmas in September. The green light to move forward on the adoption.

Unbelievable—it's time to paaarrtaayyyyy.

8 comments:

Susan said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you.
I was thinking about you in yoga today-wondering-thinking-I hope they get it this week.

Isn't it such an umpressive piece of paper? When we finally got our last week, I was rather disappointed in that it was so PLAIN. :)

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
We are pretty much on the same timeline. Our stuff is still being translated.
That would be so cool if we traveled together.
The "old folks" getting their kiddo's.
YAY!!!
I know you are thrilled. I will celebrate for you this weekend. :)

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gretchen said...

That's so GREAT!!! I knw you are beside yourselves with excitement. I am getting so excited for all you families out there. Everyone's paperwork is starting to move right along. It's soooo exciting!

Matthew Ruley said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOO! Congratulations! What unbelievable news! And hope the rest of your weekend is just as fabulous!

Jodi said...

Congrats!! I remember well how happy I was when that one plain, unimpressive (I agree with Susan) piece of paper arrived! Enjoy the joy!!

Jodi

Kelly and Sne said...

Congratulations! A major milestone behind you now! What a relief it must be!

We turned our I-600A in on Monday and are now on the mad rush to finish the dossier while the USCIS does their stuff.

P.S. I have to tell you that my mother's maiden name is Karen Williams. And my father's name is Robert. Though I hadn't thought about calling them Kabob but I may start now! Ha!

Chris & Christy said...

Congratulations!!!!! This is such a huge step in the process - you are absolutely on your way now - now it starts to seem more and more real. Congrats!!!!

Christy

marsrob said...

HOOORAYYY!!! This is WONDERFUL news! I just found your blog - and it is a joy to read this post! My husband and I received our referral on the 10th of this month (YAY!) and we're waiting desperately for our LOI now - we're going to Semey to meet our baby girl.
If you're interested in following our blog, it is password-protected, so feel free to email me at jennylri@yahoo.com if you'd like an invite.
Anyways - hope things move along swiftly for you and that you meet your baby very soon!

Jennifer

The Cook said...

I am so happy for you! Great news!