
Now isn't this impressive? All 32 apostilled documents lined up, waiting for the hard copy of the I-171H (see lower left hand corner, click on photo to enlarge) to arrive by mail this week. After which will be whisked off to the Secretary of State in St. Paul for its apostille. From there, all 33 gold sealed documents will make their way halfway 'round the world. First stop on the itinerary: Portland, Oregon. Next stop: New York. Final destinations: Astana and Uralsk.
Talk about frequent flier miles.
6 comments:
That looks very very pretty.
a lot prettier than the i-171h looks. Wait until you see it, I found it to be most UNIMPRESSIVE.
but, i like your little lined up documents. :)
I am IMPRESSED. You are SO ORGANIZED! I collected apostilles etc. like a crazy woman - no order at all - but somehow I managed to pull it together and now w'ere pulling our Travel Dossier, Court Dossier & Embassy Dossier together...more apostilling this week. I am inspired...I am going to try to be organized like you! Anyways, this is great!
- Jennifer
Quite the display if I do say so. Can you find the Illnois one? I have to say proudly, it stands above the rest.
What you see is only the tip of the iceberg of what Karen has done to this point. I am very proud of her and I'm glad I was the one who found her before anyone else did.
ok, your husband is officially CAPITAL A Adorable, commenting on your blog.
:)
Yeah, Bob is quite the guy. I believe everyone should have a "Bob" in their life.
Dear Karen and Bob,
I'm a graduate student in linguistic anthropology, and one of my research interests in international adoption from Kazakhstan. I'll be giving a talk on November 18 in Montreal at the annual AAA (American Anthropological Association) meetings. I'm in a panel entitled "Languages of Adoption" and am giving a talk about the different roles that texts, such as dossiers, children's medical files, etc., play in the adoption process, and the ways they become incorporated into other texts. I thought that your use of the photos of the apostilled documents, and your posting of pictures of your FedEx tracking slips, was an interesting example of this. I wanted to ask if I could have your permission to use these images (from this post and from the post "Our dossier says 'hi' from New York") in a PowerPoint for my talk.
I also wanted to ask, if I do have your permission to use the images, how you would like the credit line worded. I can use the name of the blog, the creator of the image, and the date I last accessed the images, or I can use less information, if you prefer.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.
Many thanks,
Meghanne
Post a Comment