
Here's our bouncing 2.75 pound bundle of joy—our dossier is ready for its first flight to Portland.
You know I thought I'd be jumping up and down after dropping it off, but it's hard to feel that way. Too many things could delay the process. For example, our home study agency's license expires in December. Because the Kazakh government requires all documents be up-to-date during the adoption process this could set us back (even though our agency told us we could hand carry the renewed license with us when we travel).
It becomes a domino effect. If we're forced to wait until December for the license renewal then we'll also need new doctor's evaluations (because they're only good for 3 months). Then it's the marriage certificates and divorce decrees—and so on and so forth.
Okay, now I give myself permission to let out a big "Yippppeeeeeeee!!!!!!"
3 comments:
How incredibly exciting! I am living vicariously through you . . . we are a couple of weeks away. Congratulations on clearing this hurdle.
well, we'll just say a prayer that everything is fine and the dates are fine and it can get translated and to the embassy.
I should have all my "revised" documents back and apostilled by Thursday-so we'll see. Amazingly, i'm being calm about the delays. I just really feel like we're go when we're suppposed to go. Plus I am still concerned about my son and his missing school and how long he should stay, and how long my husband can stay, etc etc.
:)
pretty lil Fed ex package.
I have spent a pretty penny on Fed Ex the last few months!
Oh, I felt so good when my dossier was out of my hands. Warning-my agency told me I could bring our updated HS license too and then after my docs were at the MOE for weeks they were like ooops the rules changed and you have to Fed-ex a new apostilled updated license. Just double check, not to freak you out.
Post a Comment