Thursday, May 7, 2009

Showing off his pipes

Last night, right before American Idol came on, Garrett was in rare form. Slamming doors, throwing pillows and general ranting and raving. Bob put him in a time out, which was the start of the loudest and longest temper tantrum on record. He screamed for close to 50 minutes non-stop. (Good thing Paula lip synched, because we would've never heard her). In fact his wailing rivaled Danny Gokey's from the previous night. During the final minutes, it got very quiet, but I didn't notice. My eyes were glued to the set as Ryan was about to announce the final results. Not only was Allison out, but so was Garrett with his head thrust back and his mouth wide open. It was a sad night indeed.

8 comments:

Holly Trawick said...

I'm sure the temper tantrum was not funny as it was happening, but your description of it was hilarious!!

Oh and Jonathan received the little card from you guys yesterday and he has held onto it all day today! Too Cute! Thanks for thinking of him!
Love you guys!

kitzkazventure said...

I agree with Holly, you made the tantrum much funnier than I am SURE it was....

We had those in the first year and a half....PAINFUL! Nick doesn't seem to need to release his anger that way anymore. I hope the same for you!

I am going to try and get the Kcubed Bunch up in the next day or so....Miss you guys alot!

Rochelle said...

My heart goes out to you and Bob when I hear of these things. And the dog and the cats and the neighbors? and of course, Garrett.

Diana said...

I admire your sense of humor.

Love the photo of Garrett and his class.

Patrick & Eileen said...

I agree....love your humorous spin on Garrett's temper tantrum. I know first hand they are not fun!!

Eileen

Susan said...

I think I am the ONLY PAULA FAN LEFT! She is "forever my girl" no matter if she lip synchs or not. I love her. :)

Man-these Kaz kids can have temper tantrums that rival the best, can they not? Leeza's typically end when she gets zero attention with them-but the day that i wouldn't let her out of her high chair until she said please was a loud cry/stubborn fest.

Keeping a sense of humor is key-:)

happy Mother's day my sweet!

McMary said...

Karen--Happy Mother's Day to one of the best mother's I know--even though we have never met, I know enough to know that you are a great mom!

Patty said...

All the emails I sent you were returned. Perhaps you could try me at Shadylane5@cox.net

Patty