








Finally, here are some long-awaited photos of Garrett's farewell party. Between the cake, the candy and the presents it was over before we knew it. It seemed Garrett was prepared for this day his entire life and since then has never looked back. Makes me sad thinking about all his little friends. What will become of them?
9 comments:
What a wonderful goodbye. Oh, don't we just all wish we could bring the all home?
Shannon
Karen, Bob & Garrett
So glad to hear you are safely home.
Lorraine
Karen, I am happy to hear you are home and Garrett is adjusting well but sorry you are sick. The trip is very long and tiring, it took me almost a week to be back to myself. Children from his class are very cute, it is very sad for all of them who will not find a family, there is no future for most of them, we heard after 18 year old when they finish the school, except few of them who are very gifted, rest of them dont get any suport to find a job or continue school. Very sad.
Welcome home!!! Those pictures are ones that Garrett will treasure forever. Good luck with all of the adjusting and settling in. Take it one day at a time (and some days- one hour at a time!) We tried to set one goal for each day- it does get easier! I'm glad you have all of those appointments set up. You sound very on top of things!
Oh what a handsome boy! I like the "big bite" picture. :-)
It is heartbreaking to see photos of all the children left behind. I can't even imagine what it will be like to see them in person and know that their little fires will never be lit they way they should.
It was a wonderful goodbye - bittersweet.
I haven't been in your position yet but we soon will be. I know this is *not the same thing* but if I get teary-eyed when we go to the pound and pick out a kitty - I always remember the ones we left behind - how will I be with a child? So, I do think about it.
But these photos will be great for Garrett to have of his time there.
Oh wow - what a beautiful child. Looks like he had a nice party and my heart too goes out for all those wonderful children left behind.
Hope all is going well at home and everyone is adjusting.
Oh i want to cry. All those sweet lil faces. They all need homes, yet it's becoming harder and harder to adopt them. That's just sad.
I am so happy for Garret and you guys. :) You will be wonderful parents and you will be such a cool family. I LOVE YOU MAN.
man, i'm all emotional now.
Great photos and a nice party. I'm sure all of the kids appreciated it. Perhaps you can get involved by 'sponsoring' another child or somehow doing something for the older kids. They really seem to get overlooked sometimes. How's everybody doing in your new family?
Post a Comment