Thank you to everyone for your kind words and congratulations. Our little boy is doing great. So far, he has adjusted to us beautifully. He sleeps through the night (no bed wetting--knock on wood) and even tells us when he's ready to go to bed (what kid does that?). What's more, when I feed him, he gives me kisses. It just doesn't get better than this.
We'll be here in Uralsk until Wednesday, waiting for his passport and exit visa--and then on to Almaty for the medical exam and embassy visit. (You won't believe how much more paperwork we've been given to take with. It's taking half a forest for our international adoption alone.) It'll be interesting to see how Garrett Nurlan does in a small hotel room for several days. I'm sure his little head will be trying to figure out where he is and whether this is "home." I believe Aniyura, our coordinator in Almaty, speaks Kazakh, which will definitely help the situation (especially when he goes for his doctor visit). We shall see.
15 comments:
aww Karen, i'm so happy for you guys. He sounds like a very very sweet boy. I'm touched. :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed that she speaks Kazakh. That has to be so hard on him. Sounds like he is enjoying being with him mama and papa though and that is certainly a good thing. Enjoy your time together in Kaz.
You sound so happy!!! I love the kisses. I love reading the updates and just hearing more each time. I know it must be frustrating for him with the language but the good news is that he will learn English quickly!!!
Keep us posted.
Congratulations Mom and Dad. He sounds wonderful.
Lorraine
Congrats! I'm working to catch up with all of my favorite blogs again now that we're home. So happy that you now have custody and are on your way to forever family-hood!
So happy everything is going well. Your last post really choked me up when you talked about Garrets orphanage and that you were his first visitors. Prople who haven't adopted think that the children are "so lucky", but you hit the nail on the head when you said you feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be his mom. That is so true!
This is great he is already with you and you can enjoy life as a biger family. Looks like you really have a smooth time in Kaz, I hope it will go smoothly from now on too. We are already home, wating for the second trip.
That's wonderful that things are going well as a new family of 3. I'm sure that Garrett Nurlan will be fascinated by Almaty and enjoy being a tourist so much that a small hotel room won't be an issue. Enjoy!
I just caught up on your last two posts. I am so happy that Garret Nurlan is acclamating so well to being part of his family of three! You guys really just sound so happy together. By this time next week, you should be home!
Hi Karen,
Home is getting closer in your sight.
I am sure the language barrier must be tough for all 3 of you.
He does sound like such a good little boy!!
It will be interesting to see how he does on planes, etc. So much new to him!! What a trooper.
I'll be anxious to hear when you are going to arrive in Mpls.
XO, Rochelle
Oh this is such wonderful news. I wondered how the weekend went. I have been keeping everyone here at work updated on your news. Everyone is so happy for you!
This is SO Exciting!!! HOORAY!!!!
Congratulations Karen & Bob! So glad to hear that Garrett Nurlan is adjusting so well to life with his mama and papa. The hard work and emotional ups and down have paid off . . . . a new life has begun for all of you. Enjoy!!
Today is the day you leave for Almaty -- it's 59 and clear in Uralsk. Here it is cloudy and 33. It's supposed to get up to 47 today and we're having nothing but clouds, rain and possibly snow until next week. They are expecting a snow storm Friday in Duluth. Spring is just around the corner, just in time for you to be back home, as a family. Have a safe journey little family. Rochelle
Congratulations!!! I am very glad that you have Garrett with you.
Enjoy your time together in Kazakhstan. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will be leaving for home soon.
Post a Comment