Monday, April 13, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

While at the playground yesterday, a 9-year-old boy (picture an older version of Luca, Angela's son) befriended Garrett and I. He seemed to enjoy our company and as he said his good-byes, he left us with this departing comment, "You two make a lovely couple." I just love the stuff that kids come up with. This one was definitely a head scratcher.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hilarious!

Angela said...

Funny. I suck at checking blogs these days and this happens to be the day I check. That actually sounds like something Luca would say too. HA! You do make a lovely couple - he speaks the truth :).

Kelly and Sne said...

Geez, leave for a week and all this stuff happens! Congrats on the new job and I hope it isn't as difficult as selling cars these days seems to be (though my parents just bought a new one and my hubby is thinking of it).

Glad you got some time to yourself. It looks like Garrett had a great time!

And, about your decision re: kindergarten, remember that YOU are the Mommy and in the end YOU know best. Really. Trust your instincts.

Finally, well, you DO make a cute couple! MOthers and sons have always had a special bond! Happy easter!

Susan said...

you totally make a lovely couple...i'm sure he just meant that you are a cute and sweet momma to the G-man.

and, in regards to your other post-I say GO WITH YOUR GUT. You know what he needs-I think you knw your child best-if you feel he needs to do kindergarten again-then go for it.
Garrett has been thru a lot in his first few years of life..why set him up for failure? I agree with you 100%-you are a phenom mom. :)

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Karen,
I agree with Kelly...trust your instincts. You know your child best!!

Congrats on the new job!! Woo-hoo!!! Glad he had time for a little travel before beginning a new job.

About the comment from the little boy. Hmmmm...it is funny coming from a such a young boy. I agree a head scratcher but cute just the same.

Eileen

Kim said...

Hysterical!! Kids say the best things!