
Just a quick break in the Karen-Karen-Karen action for a home update. A lot has happened in the last week: Bob started the new job last Monday and ended the week having arthroscopic knee surgery. Both were deemed “successful” and he hopes to be a new man today after the bandages are removed. Speaking of new men, the little Kazman has also turned a corner. Ever since I got back from Ohio, he and I have getting along splendidly. Gone is the defiance and anger, in its place smiles and hugs. And it’s not just me. School has also seen a marked improvement. At our latest IEP meeting, Mrs. Clouse (special ed teacher) announced that Garrett’s behavior is back to where it was prior to Christmas break. Yippppeeee. And I found this handwritten note in his backpack from his ESL teacher:
Dear Bob and Karen:
I wanted to let you know what a nice friend Garrett has been this week. When a classmate struggled with his backpack, Garrett rushed over to help him put in on his hook. He has been full of compliments and kind actions.
I just wanted you to how kind he has been. It’s always nice to hear about the wonderful things our children do.
Enjoy the sunshine,
Kim Gillespie
To go from “almost” being suspended to this—all I can say is I’m thrilled beyond words. So, why the change? Was it because I was gone for a few days? Or that spring has finally sprung? Or did my attitude towards him shift? Who knows? Who the heck cares. I just hope it sticks because I’m totally loving it. It feels like we’re finally clicking as a mother and son.
Life is really good these days (knock on wood).
15 comments:
Adorable picture and amazing news! I'm so happy for you!
Glad things are going so well - as you said, doesn't matter why as long as it continues!
Wonderful! I bet it felt great to get that note!
He's such a handsome boy!
Karen, that's great! I would have cried reading that note from the teacher. Very sweet little boy. The picture is fabulous!
Happy happy news. He is such a gorgeous little man. I'm glad he is having happier days!
I'm so happy that things are getting better! Give him a hug for me!
YAY Garrett!! (And yay for Bob, too, but sorry dude, your knee and new job take back seat to that wonderful note from the teacher!). And speaking of back seat ... maybe it's because you learned to Trust Jesus while in Southern Ohio. hee hee hee.
Garrett is ADORABLE! Soooo happy for you all!
OK, I laughed out loud at Cincy's note. I am so thrilled that Garrett is having some happy times! It's so great when everything comes together and you feel the love! Or as Nick would say, Im just sharin the love! I'm going to keep praying that God gives you this sweet time to enjoy your son. Those times were invaluable for getting us thru the tough times because we finally knew that he really did want a family and to be a team player, we just had to keep on teaching him how and "sharin the love"! :) So happy for you! hugs!
Wonderful news! Hope this change lasts.
Fantastic, what a wonderful update. It's great to hear how things are turning around for Garrett.
that is wonderful, wonderful news.
Garrett is such a sweet, handsome lil boy and I'm so glad he is happy and enjoying his life! :)
And..to get a note like that from his teacher to hear how kind and caring he is. WOW. :)
Kudos to YOU and his daddy. :)
That is MARVELOUS news. YAY!!!!
Congratulations Karen and Bob and Garrett! Happy Days!
What great news--he is such a sweet boy.
I was happy to see this news about Garrett turning a corner. I know it sure warmed your heart.
How sweet Garrett was to be such a good friend. I liked hearing that the teacher shared this with you.
Eileen
Post a Comment