
Remember my Atlanta trip from hell? After that, I swore I’d never fly standby again. From now on, only confirmed seats for this Kazamommy. So I forked over my frequent flyer miles and to my surprise my only option to get to Cincinnati was to transfer in Detroit. We’re talking a fast connection—25 minutes—in that time I had to hop a tram, take the escalator and walk through the tunnel to terminal B. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but the pneumonia left me short of breath, so even with an inhaler I’d be hard pressed. At the gate, I pleaded my case and, lo and behold, I was reassigned to a non-stop flight and my new seat was in FIRST CLASS. I arrived in Cincinnati a happy girl.
After Ky Karen picked me up from the airport, we headed north to meet up with Cincy Karen. We spent almost three glorious hours at an outdoor café chatting over nummy Thai food. It’s been five (count ‘em) months since I’ve been outside for any length of time. Needless to say, I was in heaven. To spend time with these two wonderful women (who get what I’m going through with Garrett) in the warm sunshine, surrounded by GREEN grass, budding trees and colorful tulips. We had real adult conversation. (Some of which was about the Kazamommies in blogland—were your ears ringing? Ha.)
Eventually we hit the road. Our destination? Hocking Hills State Park in Central Ohio. At one point, Ky was remarking about some guy on our tail when Cincy (chief navigator) told her we missed our turn off. Spotting a u-turn ahead, Ky suddenly pulled off onto the grass median. I’m in the backseat, bracing myself for a rear-end collision when I looked up and saw this.
6 comments:
I'm glad you had fun. You all look great!
That is awesome that you were upgraded! Very nice!
Isn't it just wonderful to bond with mom's who "get it?" That's the best part of being connected to Kaz blog land IMO.
How very fun! And we were upgraded once and it was absolutely the best!
You made me laugh out loud at the memory of your Jesus moment! He was after you that weekend! :)
I have to post about spring break and our trip to see Pat's parents before the unveiling of the Kazamommy post, besides, Cincy hasn't sent me her single/Max pics yet... ;) The OCD in me needs to do everything in chronological order.
Looking forwarad to part 2! :).....makes me miss you guys so much!
Hope you enjoyed the Hocking Hills.. I live nearby in Lancaster,Ohio and spend a lot of time in the hills
Seriously, I'm laughing all over again with that Trust Jesus sign. That story just doesn't get old. :-) I fear that over time it will be one of those "you had to be there" stories, and oh my, am I ever glad that I was there, because I'll laugh every time you tell it. Miss you!!!
Time away with friends (especially Kaz mommies, all named Karen) is SO IMPORTANT! I'm so glad you got away and had a blast...and I hope you weren't talkign about me. :)
good for you ladies...the trust Jesus sign is really funny. :)
how appropros..
Post a Comment