Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ta-da!!!



Here's the before and after pictures. As you can see, the "before" photo was taken on a warm day in July. Quite the contrast with the "after" photo, which was shot this morning—a cold, crisp day in Minneapolis. Once the spring returns, we (or to be fair, I should say Bob) will begin the landscaping process. We had plans drawn up this summer, but because of the drought we decided to wait until next year to plant.

So, like the TV show says. "How do I look?"

Also wanted to wish fellow bloggers, Jennifer and Marshall all the best as they land in Almaty today. They're on their way to meet their new baby girl in Semey, Kazakhstan.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks WONDERFUL! It really does look great you guys. (And I agree on the cold dreary day- there were flurries all day long in the north metro!)

Gretchen said...

Wow, the house looks so much more cheerful. Nice job.

Angela said...

Very nice. It is amazing what a change in color does.

Matthew Ruley said...

It looks great! Love the red doors and shutters. Red is a really hard color paint to work with. Nice job.

Suz

Chris & Christy said...

As a real estate professional in the Minneapolis area :):), I would have to say that you just increased your market value by at least $100,000; oh wait, that is what HGTV would have said, my bad. :) I love it though, I love the red door and your home looks much happier now.......even with the chilly setting. :)

Christy

Sandi said...

It looks great. The red is so cheerful. It is amazing what some color can do. Great job.

tracy said...

Hi Karen and Bob,

The Red Door looks great. It looks like the adoption process is moving along! Congrats on a well done job so far.

Just remember, Denny is a painter and a good one at that. Please keep him in mind as you pull your hair out and want to change colors. Tell Bob we have a back up person if needed.

I hope you are feeling some relief in the process and things keep moving along fast!

Take care and I will talk to you soon!

Tracy Schafer

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

The color looks great on the house! Now you having me pondering if we should paint ours. We adopted from Astana and see that you are going there too! Any questions that you might have we would be glad to help. We got help before we left and it was nice. www.jaimiegena@yahoo.com or you can see our blog at www.berikjames.blogspot.com Sincerely, Gena Lloyd

Susan said...

I love it! It looks so warm and cheery. It looked good before too, but i dig the red.

We are getting wood floors in all our bedrooms on Monday (replacing carpet) so we are BUSY this weekend getting it all packed up and off the floor. But, the baby's room will FINALLY be ready to put the crib and dresser in that are still in a box in the foyer! :)

Regina said...

Ravishing in Red! Truly lovely work you guys. And what an adorable house!

The Cook said...

I love the new color. So bright and cheery. The new storm door is also key!