
When I opened the blinds this morning this was the view out of my kitchen window—a beautiful dusting of the white stuff. Pretty cool, huh?
We're having a quiet holiday this year. That's okay because next year our home will be filled with all sorts of little boy noises. It'll also be the last Thanksgiving I get to sleep in. (Again that probably has something to do with those little boy noises.) Sadly, Bob never gets that luxury. This morning he was up at his usual time: 3:45 a.m. (When you work for the airlines, there's no such thing as a holiday.) The nice part is he's home by early afternoon so we get to spend the rest of the day cooking together.
Speaking of Bob's good cooking, here's one of his favorite Thanksgiving side dishes:
Surprise Mashed "Potatoes" (from the South Beach Diet)
4 cups cauliflower florets
1 ounce I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray
1 ounce of fat-free half & half
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Steam or microwave the cauliflower until soft. Puree in food processor, adding the butter spay and the half-and-half to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Yum—tastes just like real Idaho potatoes but with far fewer carbs. By the way, if you have a recipe you'd like to share, we'd love to try it out.
We hope you're enjoying your own holiday feasts. Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for.
Big, big hugs,
Karen & Bob
4 comments:
LOVE that recipe (great on the diet I'm on, now down 35 pounds) but be careful - don't eat the whole thing, it will torture you the next day!, and torture anyone else you are around! Great recipe...
Happy belated Thanksgiving! I am looking out the window at snow as I type. Pretty amazing!
what a gorgeous picture! that sounds like a similiar ww recipe i have seen.
Sean made an insanly good weight watcher dessert--pumpkin praline cake-and we made a RAELLY good sweet potatoe casserole (WW) It was so yummy and even good for you.
I love sweet taters!
Hey, I am on the south beach diet but I haven't had the nerve to try the cauliflower mashed potatoes. Does it really taste good? I am in the process of collecting dossier for Kaz. I am up for international adoption but am scared to try the potatoes. Marla
Post a Comment