Saturday, May 3, 2008

One month anniversary


It's been one month since our "Gotcha Day." In some ways, it seems long ago because we've come so far (emotionally and physically). Here's Garrett waiting outside the orphanage for our driver to take him to our apartment. As you can see, he was so excited to be leaving with papa and mama. Actually, it was more like giddy with excitement, as though he was practicing for this day his entire life.

Here is the bed where he slept with twelve other children (I wonder how the others got any sleep--Garrett rivals his papa in the snoring department.)

Garrett's cubby--his is the one with the bunny sticker on it. (Ironically, my nickname for all my pets is bunny.) I love this photo because he's holding the teddy we brought him (as you can see it's quite worn out with use).

Interesting enough, his last day was the first time we got to see where he slept, ate, showered and played.

Looking back it's hard to believe Garrett has only been our son for one month. He's come so far. And so have I.

7 comments:

McMary said...

Congrats on our one month anniversary!! It has been so fun to follow your story this far and I can't wait to see what wonderful things the future brings.

Tricia said...

Reading your previous post made me think of how brave it was of Garrett to be leaving the baby house with anticipation and a smile. Of course, he had wonderful parents to take him home, but it is still brave considering it was all he had known his whole life. So glad things are going well for you.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Happy One Month Anniversary!

I think it is wonderful that you were able to see where Garrett slept, had his closet and showered. Also that you were able to take photos to remember them by.

Ditto what Chris & Tricia said. He is a brave little boy but one who knows he's loved.

Eileen

Susan said...

Happy One Month anniversary.
He is just precious-and really, it's good for your friends to read and see and hear about your family. He truly is the right lil guy for you and Bob. He was so brave and is happy and smiling and as you've said, you've all grown.

I do believe, there is a much higher power that helps us thru these adoptions-and even though we don't understand the waiting and the unknowns, it all works out and reading your story, and the Ruley's, and so many others, really confirms that. :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Paula said...

Yea on one month. Many happy months to come!

Catalina said...

Happy Anniversary!!! One month already? It is so hard to believe. How exciting, the day when they leave the orphanage.... I am sure he will always remember it.

Regina said...

Those photos are precious, and will be very meaningful to Garret. I can't believe it's been a month! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you say how far you've all come in a month. I'm sure the future holds many more great strides and wonderful milestones for you all. ;-)