
So not cute: Last week, Garrett scraped entire length of my passenger door with his bicycle.
Cute:

So not cute: Late Sunday night, Garrett forgot to close the porch door and both cats escaped. (Mind you, these are cats that have never stepped one paw outside the front door.) I immediately found Jammers (AKA “Little Guy”) stalking the bushes. The other one, Jellie (AKA “Biddie”) took off like a bat out of hell. He was gone. About 45 minutes into the search, I started clinking his food bowl. Between that and Cody barking twice, I saw a black object shoot across the road from the neighbor’s backyard. Thankfully, everyone was home, safe and sound.
Cute:

So not cute: Yesterday came home, and to our horror, discovered a long, deep black gauge on the top of our almost new stove. Right now, Bob is doing a lot of home improvement projects and so his tools are scattered about the sun room floor. (Our small house and one car garage do not afford him much space to work.) What we think happened was Garrett got up early yesterday morning, used his stool to open the door latch whereupon he confiscated the sandpaper and other tools and played handyman. Of course, he flatly denied it.
Cute (note where Bob's left hand is positioned):

So not cute: This past Wednesday, I was enjoying my birthday lunch at work when I cracked down on something hard. Two-thirds of my molar was gone. A new crown—happy birthday to me.
5 comments:
Cute-your entertaining writing ability and your adorable son, who really is more handsome by the day
Even cuter-your sense of humor. :)
Happy Birthday, and I can't believe your hubby got frisky ON YOUR BLOG. :)
First of all I loved how you laid this out....Cute followed by So not cute :)
Secondly...happy belated birthday! That photo of you and Bob was priceless. Sorry you had a broken molar!
Ah....kids! What goes through their minds? Just recently I saw a Rachael Ray show and part of the segment was about when kids lie. It's how kids learn but it's interesting the different phases of lying as they get older. Professor Victoria Talwar spoke about this and what parents can do. It was a July 11th episode. I'll e-mail you personally.
Eileen
Oh my. Good thing you have a lot of "cute" to focus on, too. Garrett is such a cutie. Happy belated birthday. Aren't you glad you're not in Kaz or you might have a golden tooth! Looking at the positives, right? :)
"Cute" post! I really enjoyed the way you put it together.
A long time from now the cute things will be remembered but the not so cute will be what you'll be discussing & laughing about at the holiday dinners . . . .not that helps you feel better about it now though. :-)
Hang in there!
I love the cute pictures and the "not so cute" stories--they made me laugh.
Happy Belated Birthday Karen!
Post a Comment