Well, I shouldn't have been worried. Garrett had a blast. The slip and slide was a big hit. Getting hosed down by Aunt Suzanne was even better. But the most touching part came during birthday cake time. He started out standing in the corner while we sang happy birthday. He shyly blew out the candles when all of a sudden the switch went on—he wanted to do it all over again. In fact, he asked for three encores and our friends graciously indulged him. (Mama had to put her foot down or else we'd still be singing for him.) What can I say, he was the happiest little boy in St. Louis Park. He couldn't get enough attention.
And it was all he could talk about on the way to daycare the following morning.
In his own words:
"Mama, lots of people come Garrett birthday."
"Garrett so wet."
"Birthday Garrett" Followed by "pretend" blowing out the candles.
And on and on...
Our hearts runneth over. Happy Birthday Garrett—although we can't make up for all those missed birthdays, we can still throw a heckuva first/sixth party.




This was a large patty at one point—what happened?










6 comments:
I sat here with a big smile on my face looking at the photos. He certainly had a wonderful day. How exciting for him (and you & Bob)!! I loved the birthday cake too.
I'm so glad he had a great 6th birthday!
Eileen
Happy 6th Birthday Garrett!!!
Holly, Dean, Hannah and Olivia
aww Karen..I love it! He looks so very happy, and you sound so very happy.
This is what it's all about!!
We leave a week from tomorrow. I am feeling calm, sorta, but my body is out of sorts...can't sleep, etc.
But, I cherish your blog and others like it to remind me why we're going thru this..it's so worth it.
Garrett's excitemend and your love for him and each other is enough to endure anything. :)
Garrett looks so happy--what a great party.
Happy Birthday Garrett!!
What a great post!!! Sounds like he really had a blast!!
How sweet! What a cool birthday cake. I am drooling over that cheeseburger photo right now. I went to buy some ground beef to make one today and I chickened out.
Post a Comment