Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Woo-woo—another hot Kazakh mama is on her way

Tomorrow morning to be exact. That's when Susan, Joe and their 10-year-old son Sean depart from Tampa on their long journey to Kazakhstan, via layovers in Chicago, London, Frankfurt and Astana before they finally land in Kostanai—the home of their baby girl. (Whew, I get tired just thinking about all their stops.)

I met Susan in Tampa last February (she is one of the "pregnant" hot mamas in the photo) and has been one of our biggest champions throughout our adoption process. In fact, she's been a cheerleader for almost everyone in the adoption community. Even when her own adoption was at a standstill, she was still there for everyone.

Good luck Susan—your dream of having a baby girl is about to come true. We're cheering for you.

Pons, pons and all.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

I am so looking forward to meeting them on this end. What a journey they have! I wonder if I have met their baby Kaz already? I can't wait to see them all together.

dnd82001 said...

Yes this is so exciting that Susan has started the travel part of this journey!!

I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes!!

Darlene

Patrick & Eileen said...

Susan was so worried over the age issue (her husband's) & Kaz law. It really weighed on her mind. I'm so glad that things have worked out as they have for them. I can't wait to read their latest news. So far I just see London - they're way beyond that now.

Eileen

Amy said...

Hey there!!! Just curious to find out if you do start using that fish oil that Suzanne mentioned to see if it works for you at all.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I've been so bad about the blogging - I've been in a funk thinking I was stalled...guess not. I can't believe how Garrett has changed and happy/healthy he is.

Susan said...

aww thanks for the shout out sistah!!!

yes, we met baby kaz...and she has a name...LEEZA GRACE!

we are blissfilly happy and in love. :)

love ya!!