
Boys and biting, they go hand and hand. That being said, which of these boys do you think left his toothmarks in Garrett's side? We'll never know. The incident happened at daycare and their policy is to verbally inform us (as well as document it on paper) about the "accident", but no names are ever exchanged. (Although the boy who did this had to spend the remainder of outdoor playtime in the director's office.) Another time a "different" boy hurled a chair at Garrett while at the computer, because Garrett was trying to get him to come sit for storybook time.
I know if an animal were to bite you, it could require a series of rabies shots. What about a human bite? Do you think he needs a tetnus shot? Does anyone have any experience with this?
8 comments:
If the bite broke the skin, I'd get a tetnus shot. I work in the medical field - the human bite carries more germs than a dog bite (and cat bites are just as bad as human bites). If the skin wasn't broken, I wouldn't worry about it.
Wow, at that age he's got multiple boys biting him? Thought that was more toddler-like behavior, from my many days of daycare work. Boo on them (and kudos to Garrett, who actually would have more of an excuse to act out like that, for not doing it). Maybe you should go in and bite each of those boys to teach them a lesson? Kidding, kidding. I think yeah, get a tetanus probably just to be safe (even if he doesn't need it now, then it's covered if he continues to be treated like a teether by the other boys?). And a suit or armor for him perhaps?
Poor Garrett - how awful to have these painful *accidents.* I sure hope that things change at daycare so that he doesn't get bit or have chairs hurled at him anymore.
Eileen
That is awful that Garrett is being hurt at daycare. I would talk to the teachers and ask that they keep a better eye on the little guy(s) that are using rough behavior...maybe they could prevent some of the attacks. :)
Give him a hug for me!
Holly
Karen, unfortunately I have been on both sides of the coin with this one. Ryan was bit (in the face) by another child at daycare and another time he was the biter. I am not sure which time I felt worse (or more angry!). Fortunately for me Ryan was able to tell me who the biter was and as well as who he bit. If the skin were broke I would definitely talk to my pediatrician. Know you are not alone as a parent in dealing with this and I understand your frustration at not knowing who bit him.
Get the dental records to get to the bottom of this!! All kidding aside, I wouldn't fool around with a bite if it broke the skin either. Too bad that happened. Who could bite that cute little boy? Really, he's just a doll.
Shannon
When I was a little girl I took a bite out of another little girl. I recall the incident was over an M&M. WOOOO Baby was my Mom mad. I remember it to this day and believe me I NEVER did it again. If this boy's mom handled it like my mom did when I was a child, his backside would be on fire and the biting issues would be forever put to rest!
I feel for Garrett. Rustam bit into me thinking I was a teething ring and that HURTS! These kids sound out of control. And one follows what the other does. I noticed here at the baby house that the toddlers are all pretty good, but when one starts hitting or biting behavior then they all give it a try. It's a tough world for a sweet kid to navigate. He is such a cutie, too.
Post a Comment