Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Like long-lost brothers

It's official: Nurlan (Garrett), Bauyrzhan (Charlie) and Vasiliy (Jonathan, Holly's son) will be reunited on October 17th in the great state of Georgia. Woo-hoo!!!

Here's the only picture I have of the three boys in the same room. Both Garrett and Jonathan are in the background; Charlie is standing behind Israel. The gentleman patting Israel's head is Charlie's papa John. (Got all that?)What were the chances of them being in the same room together again? (And almost two years to the day?) From Uralsk, Kazakhstan to Marietta, Georgia—it boggles my mind. All I know is there won't be a dry eye in the room when that day happens.

13 comments:

traceylynndel said...

The little girl in red is our Nadya. Unfortunately we had to leave her behind. I'm still praying for her to find her forever family before it is too late.

Kim said...

Wow - that is great! You all will have a blast!

Kelly and Sne said...

What a small world!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it,
Shannon

Diana said...

Incredible! Absolutely incredible! It gives me goose bumps!

Patrick & Eileen said...

How fun!!! I can't wait to hear about the reunion.

Eileen

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow that is really a story that I can't wait to read about. It would be cool to write a book, make a video or broadcast it in some way.

Can't wait to see pics and hear the story. Do they remember each other?

marsrob said...

Absolutely AMAZING!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

I'm catching up on the last few posts, and I'm all teary-eyed! What a wonderful reunion this will be, and what amazing photos and memories you'll now be able to add to Garrett's story. We also love the anniversary post -- just beautiful (the story and the pics!). We are just so happy that Garrett found his parents, and now his BFF from Uralsk. Oh, and Bob and Glenn could share some interesting stories about grown children and pre-menopausal wives. :-)

qmiller said...

What a wonderful thing for the 2 boys and their forever families! A gift!
Quaintance

McMary said...

What a cool thing--another sign to prove that Garrett was abolutely meant to end up with you.

Holly and Dean said...

I was just catching up on your posts and this is sooo wonderful!!! I can't wait to read about the reunion.

Holly and Dean

Holly Trawick said...

I can't wait to meet you when you come down to GA!! It will be so exciting to get the boys together for a reunion!
Jonathan is the one being held by the caregiver across the room (in the background).
-Holly