Monday, July 14, 2008

Let's play



Back in February, my alter ego, "Seren" got to experience a wonderful day with the Hot Kazakh mamas of Tampa Bay. After that, I was inspired to start a local group in the Twin Cities. I put the word out to the International Adoption MN yahoo group—and low and behold I got responses back from seven families. Coincidentally, most of the families have children close to Garrett's age, which will be especially nice for him. There are a couple of children from Kazakhstan but there are also those from Russia, Vietnam and Ethiopia. (Obviously, we can't call ourselves Hot Kazakh Mamas, so we'll have to come up with another name. Any suggestions?) I hope to have our first "official" play date the last weekend in July as this week we're busy preparing for Garrett's 6th birthday on Sunday.

So if you happen to live in our neck of the woods and would like to be part of this new play group, please let me know. I know Garrett would sure love to meet you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That is so cool! I want to join....but I like the HOt momma name. :)

Your son is adorable, as usual.
He looks so happy and handsome.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'll have to try to think of a cool name. Too bad the Florida S's can't come up to play with you all. Maybe next year ;-)
Shannon