Monday, October 27, 2008

The answer is...

Number 3. I need two month's of therapy to regain motion. (Yaay!!!) The MRI revealed that I had a frayed (not torn) rotator cuff. In two weeks, therapy begins. If after two months, I do not regain a satisfactory range of motion I will need surgery. But for now, I'm off the hook.

In the meantime, I have to wear a Velcro belt around my torso, which has two loops to secure my arm in place. I can work, but I need to be careful and not move my shoulder. Twice a day for thirty seconds, I hang my arm down and make a circular motion about the size of a dinner plate. I also have to do elbow, wrist and finger exercises to stay limber. I'm in no pain, except that my arm and shoulder feel somewhat sore especially when I wake up (I sleep sitting up because I'm afraid I'll roll over and do something stupid). Right now, it's just a big inconvenience (especially since it's gotten really cold and I can't close my coat to keep warm), but it's nothing I can't live with.

By the way, I've got a lot more cute pictures to share of the boys. Hope to download my camera in the next day or so.

6 comments:

marsrob said...

That is great - glad you have a chance to avoid surgery...and you have a great sense of humor about all of this! Oh my!

Matthew Ruley said...

WOW you have had quite a week! Sorry to hear about all the turmoil... But glad you don't need surgery right away. Thinkinhg of you.

Susan said...

bless your heart. Much love to you-it's cold here tomorrow-50 but feels like 47! BRRR!!!

YOU ARE A SUPER TROOPER.

Joby and Marla said...

I am so glad that it is the best of your choices. I am sure it still puts a kink into things but take it easy so that you won't need the surgery.

Let the men folk wait on you :)

Patrick & Eileen said...

I just read what happened to you and sorry to hear this news. I'm glad that you will possibly avoid surgery.

Take care!!!

Hugs,
Eileen

McMary said...

Glad to hear your news--I am glad it was just therapy.