Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Although I'm over my cold and spider bites, I've been busy with many things like teacher parent conferences, corn mazes, work-related stuff, Halloween, the next playgroup event and getting ready for our big weekend trip to Atlanta to meet and reunite Garrett with his baby house little buddies: Charlie and Jonathan. This is going to be amazing even if they don't quite remember each other, we hope this will be the start/continuation of a life-long friendship.
Last night, we called Charlie's mom Anita. Anita sounded like a really cool woman—I felt bad because we were forced to change our travel dates on her at the last minute and she was so sweet about it. It was also the first opportunity Garrett and Charlie had to speak to each other. Get this, the last time they saw each other two years ago they spoke Russian (in-between that time, Garrett had to learn yet another language, Kazakh, which really blows me away). Their conversation was really cute. Charlie told Garrett that he was excited to have him over for a sleepover and share his waffles with him. On the other end, all Garrett could say back was, "what you doing?" Pretty funny. The other cool thing is we'll be there to help John and Anita celebrate the two year anniversary of Charlie becoming a U.S. citizen.
I promise to elaborate more on all of this next week. I'm sure there will be tons of great pictures—maybe I'll even attempt to upload a video. Stay tuned...
9 comments:
I can't wait to see the pictures of your reunion.
Tracey
Hey Karen....it's me EILEEN!! FINALLY I'm writing to you from Kaz. It was great to read through what I've missed. It's been tough not getting to look at blogs (thanks for our shout out on your blog - how sweet).
Prior to getting DSL in our room we've had to go to a couple of internet cafes where we didn't have as much time to do things as I'd like.
I'm sorry to hear about your spider bites. It would have freaked me out. Yikes!!
I'll be waiting to see photos of Garretts reunion. That's wonderful.
Thinking of you,
Eileen
Incredible. CANNOT WAIT to see photos and hear all about it!
Glad you are feeling better as it sounds like you have much going on and no time to be sick!!
So great about the little reunion for Garrett!!
Stay well!
Darlene
Can't wait for the pictures and the stories - how fun is this going to be? Have a gr8 time.
Thanks Karen! Can't wait for you to get here!
I was just checking in because I was thinking the big reunion was around now. I can't wait to hear/read all about it. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Take lots of pictures!!!!
I think you sound like a pretty cool Mom yourself.
Have fun with Garrett's buddies.
You are such a stud...wht a wonderful momma you are, and reaching out and meeting all the new people. You seem like the kind of gal who would even fly to Florida to meet a bunch of crazy Kaz S momma's.
I can't wait to see pics and hear about the reunion.
you are such a cool woman and ultimate momma. I'm so glad to know you, seriously.
Garrett is one blessed kiddo with a kick @$$ mom and you are one mom to one HANDSOME kid-wow-watch out...
xoxooxxo
Post a Comment