Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Crafty, crafty

We had another fun-filled weekend with the little kazboy. We started Friday night, celebrating our 6th month anniversary at Fuddrucker's. The perfect place for a little boy who likes to look at himself in the big ceiling mirrors while snapping his fingers and grooving. (Somehow I missed that photo opp—where's the paparazzi when you need 'em?)


Saturday was drop dead gorgeous, so we headed to Sunnyside Nursery to meet up with Aunt Rochelle. There we decorated pumpkins, played a game of pumpkin bowling, got our hands painted and more. Aunt Rochelle is so much fun and Garrett lights up whenever he sees her.





Sunday was more on the gloomy side, but that didn't stop us. (We're hearty Minnesotans, right?) I signed up for a leaf printing class at the local nature center and invited our creative friend Suzanne. (Suzanne and I met at a portfolio school, she was in the art direction program while I was in copywriting. We were partners on a couple of projects and shared many a good belly laugh together.) Our instructor for the day, Amy took us on a hike through the forest, teaching us the difference between a red and a white oak and suggesting where to find good leaf specimens. I also got to meet a dad and his daughters who attend Garrett's school. Inside, we had fun mixing paint and experimenting with different leaf textures and shapes. A Russian grandmother and her very bright 4-year-old granddaughter joined us at our table. For some reason, I struggled between speaking Russian and focusing on the task at hand. (I always put too much pressure on myself–I think it's my type A personality that gets in the way sometimes.)



9 comments:

Alaina said...

What beautiful pictures and great weekend!

Jennifer said...

You are so ambitious! Very creative with the leaf stamping. It's not something that would have ever occured to me.

Saturday was so beautiful! That's what fall is all about!

Kelly and Sne said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. And Garrett looks so happy!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

I think he is one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. Garrett could be a model... A beautiful boy with a killer smile!
And leaf stamping- I am super impressed! Sounds like a fun weekend in MN.

Susan said...

i am impressed truly by all your craftsy things--as crafsty i am NOT...poor Leeza.

but, the thing that strikes me most is how utterly HAPPY AND JOYOUS AND GORGEOUS everyone looks....from you, to Bob, and your son! He is SO freakin handsome! He was so cute, now i find him very handsome. He looks so happy and fulfilled, and so do you guys. It warms my heart!

I told myself I was going to put a funny movie in and watch it and not stalk blogs...but yet here I am. :)

Leeza is re-training me into the demands of a baby-I had forgotten,but she is ever so nicely reminding me who is boss...and it's CLEARLY the blue eyed vixen.

LOL

Love to see you all doing such fun things and having so much fun and joy in your lives.
I have craftsy friends that will help Leeza with this...and actaulyl Sean likes it too...he calls himself an artist. :)

love to see you so happy.

Matthew Ruley said...

Everyone looks so happy!

McMary said...

Yiou are a very busy Mama--what great activities.

Tricia said...

Pumpkin bowling and leaf printing, how cool!

dnd82001 said...

Wow everyone looks so very happy and that is just so heartwarming to see!!

You are a beautiful, fun family !!

Darlene