Friday, October 31, 2008

Breakfast with Junior

This morning I had the distinct privilege of sharing a bowl of Cheerios with my old pal Dale Earnhardt Jr. Gotcha–it's Garrett in costume (courtesy of my co-worker Mark who's son Nicholas was the first Junior). Today is Garrett's first Halloween and I'm not sure if he understood what he was in for. I told him this morning he had two school parties to go to and that he could dress up for it. We talked about the candy (that he definitely understood). He held up all 10 fingers and said, "lotsa candy—three candies." We need to work on his counting skills. All I know is, we're going to have one sugar-crazy kid bouncing off the walls tonight. He's also nursing a cold, which makes it really gross when he wipes his nose on his costume. Yucky. But I can't wait for trick or treating tonight. (Not sure how we're going to handle it as I'm still figuring out how to do things with one arm.) But we'll manage somehow, because, after all, it's Halloween (and for once the weather is cooperating here in MN). No Halloween blizzards this year, thankfully.

Happy Halloween to all little goblins out there.

Cody going as himself.




14 comments:

Jstar said...

Too cute - enjoy your 3 (or 300) candies!

Susan said...

He is TOO CUTE! i love the costume!

ok, i need your phone number. i have to talk to you.

I met Holly's (as in Jonathan's mom) mom at yoga this week-she told me she had a daughter who adopted a lil boy from Kaz-and I was there to introduce Leeza. Holly just emailed me. I am in tears-such a small wonderful world how we're all so connected!

I don't have your email on my laptop but i am dying to talk to you so call me!!

727-510-7694!!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

it was Holly's mother in law, not her mother...
:)

Angela said...

He is the cutest race car driver ever. Have lots of suger-filled fun on your first Halloween together!

Jennifer said...

What a handsome guy! He is truly going to be a heartbreaker when he gets older. Not that you don't already know that!

Hope you had a wonderful Halloween and can't wait to hear the stories!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

love the costume... so cute...

Diana said...

He's changing so much. He looks so happy. It's wonderful to see him "just being a Kid"!!!

Tricia said...

He looks adorable. That is a great costume. I hope Junior had fun trick or treating.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

The cutest #8 I've ever seen. Adorable! Can't wait to hear all about trick or treating. And I love that you wrote "Cody- going as himself."
Happy Halloween, Garrett!

Paula said...

That costume is SO Garrett ! He looks the part. So cute.

dnd82001 said...

He looks so very precious!!

You must be on cloud nine with him!

3 - 300 who's counting?!!?

Hope Garrett had a wonderful first Halloween!!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Best looking racecar driver I've ever seen!
Shannon

McMary said...

I was so jealous when I read you had breakfast with Dale Jr. but then what the little race car driver you had was even better--and I am still jealous. He looked so cute.