Thursday, October 9, 2008

Creepy crawlies



What I'm talking about are those creepy things that attack relentlessly: germs and spiders. I'm sick for the sixth time this year—that's six times in six months, if you're counting. Then a couple of nights ago I awoke to a painful burning itch on my arm and ring finger. I was bit three times by a spider (Two weeks ago, the same thing happened except it was my torso that became the target). So I'm just a big crank right now. Last night a friend called to say she had a surprise for me and wanted to stop by. Sadly, I was tired, crabby, itchy and sniffly—really in no mood for company. But she insisted and here was her surprise: She baked me the biggest apple pie I had ever seen and it was delivered hot from the oven. I love fruit pies!!!!! Now all I need is a big bucket of ice cream. Yum. (Thanks Sharon, you're the best.)

10 comments:

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Yum! Probably dumb of me to be checking blogs while I am fasting on Yom Kippur, but man, that pie looks GOOD!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

so sorry you are not feeling well... hope you are better soon... that pie is sure to help...

Paula said...

Yea, we find that we are getting sick a lot more now that we have a toddler in the house. Ewwww, spiders. I can't stand them.

Susan said...

AWW BLESSYOUR HEART. i AM SO SORRY you've been sick, and spider bites..yikes.
I can't help but sing the song that i've been teaching leeza..

"the itsty bitsty spider went up the water spout..DOWN came the rain and WASHED the spider out...OUT came the sun, and dried UP ALL THE RAIN, and the itsty bitsy spider went up the spout again"

I hope the itsty bitsty spider stays away from you.

Leeza is jamming out to a Barney song. So funny.....she loves to dance....

the pie looks yummy. I hope it helps you feel better.

Sending you healing vibes my friend....

Tricia said...

Ooh, that pie looks delish. Hope you are feeling better soon and that you don't have any of those recluse spiders up in Minnesota. I have a funny version of itsy bitsy spider on the ipod for Rustam. In the song it says they're creepy and they're crawly, they bug me that's the issue, I'm gonna get him with a tissue.

Jennifer said...

What an awesome friend you have!

I always joke that spiders like to sleep with me. :-) I have the same problem.

I'm so sorry that you keep getting colds. I know how it goes. Last winter was miserable with our darling little petri dish. I am just praying this winter is MUCH better. We'll see. I'll let you know if you can look forward to next winter. :-)

Hope you feel better!

dnd82001 said...

I am betting that apple pie certainly helped in making you feel better!

I do hope you are feeling better and hopefully with the colder weather coming that should take care of those little critters for the most part - right now they are looking for a warm place to stay for the winter and apparently a good meal!! But the cold will kill off them for the most part I think!

Stay well!!

Darlene

Kim said...

That looks tasty! I am so afraid of spiders. Since moving to TN I have seen more than I want to. They are big and everywhere. Yuck!

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

That pie looks great! What a great friend she is, to think of you like that. I hope you're now feeling better ~ you have to be better by friday so you can travel! ;-)

marsrob said...

That is SO NICE! Sorry you are itchy and sick again! What a total drag.