Sunday, September 21, 2008

The perfect end to summer

We had another great Playgroup turn out today. This time around there were kids from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Romania and Cincinnati, with three returning families and two new ones. Four other families couldn't make it, but did say they'd be there for our October get together. (Which I think may include some pumpkin carving.) I'm really getting excited because this group is starting to build some good momentum. It was wonderful to see our children playing together while us older kids got some much needed "adult time." Enough of my yapping, here's the fun stuff:Teagen and Garrett playing. Noah pushing his sister Teagan along with Iza and Teji (sisters Iza is from Romania and Teji from Ethiopia).
Stacy and the sweet little Delaney along with Lori and her 6-year-old son Issac. During our August play date, Lori was in Hanoi, adopting Issac. This boy is simply amazing—you'd never know that he had only been in the U.S. for three weeks. He's a testament to how resilient these children really are.
Here's Sue and her two beautiful daughters, 8-year-old Iza and 4-year-old Teji.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I'm so glad it turned out well. It was such a gorgeous day. I woke up thinking of you guys so I'm glad to hear all went well, and another MN playgroup went well!

Susan said...

AWWW karen...how wonderful!!!! I'm so glad you organized this...you have a lil United nations playgroup!

I love seeing all the happy children and glowing parents.
Another brilliant testament to the incredilbe miracle of adoption.

so glad you got this group started. I'm excited to see it grow!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I knew it would be a great turn-out! Your group is starting to take-off! I'm sure they'll have fun in October. It'll be interesting to see Garrett being introduced to pumpkin carving!! This is one of my favorite times of the year (next to Thanksgiving).

Great photos!!
Eileen

Paula said...

Looks like a great group of kids. How fun for all the moms to get together and talk adoption. I would love that.

Jack and Cheryl said...

What great pictures -- it looks like a perfect day! Great job organizing things Karen -- wish we lived closer so we could be a part of the group!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I should try to get something like that together out here in my new digs. Thanks for the inspiration!
Shannon

marsrob said...

SO amazing. What a great thing to do - how beautiful!

Kelly and Sne said...

That's great! We have to do something similar. Although we have a work-related playgroup going and 3 of the kids (including Miras) were adopted.

McMary said...

Looks like a great time.