Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PTO

In my world, the acronym "PTO" always stood for "personal time off.” Now it’s also Parent Teacher Organization. Last night was my very first meeting. There, I got to hear about bonds, levies, and referendums along with what the third graders were up to this week. Ahhh—the world of public education: teachers have to dip into their own pockets to buy school supplies. Cut backs in State and Federal funding are forcing school districts (and PTOs) to pick up the slack. Having said that, fundraising has become even more critical. Okay, call me PTO Mom, but I’m putting out the call to raise much-needed funds for Garrett’s school, Aquila Primary Center. (So please bear with me.)

The primary fundraiser this year is Sally Foster gift-wrap and cookie dough. Garrett's school earns 55% on every item sold and 40% on each cookie dough item in the catalog (so if you live locally then catalog is the way to go). For you out-of-towners, you can view and purchase products online at www.sallyfoster.com. Here's how it works: when you're ready to check out, select Group/Account Number, click on School/Group Account Number and then enter account number 942223 and Aquila Primary will earn 50% of their purchase. If you order this product for corporate gifts, you can use 50% of it as a tax deduction. The fundraiser goes from September 18-October 2nd.

The money raised will go to meet budgets for student programs—and I promise to see to it that the funds are spent appropriately.

Thank you in advance for considering this. I realize money is tight for many people right now, so if you can make a small purchase, wonderful. If you can’t at this time, no worries. :-)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love how you have just jumped into parenthood without reserve. You organize, you get involved, you seek input, you fight when it's needed... and you share it all with us.

It's quite inspirational to see how much you do!

marsrob said...

You are a GREAT PTO mommy!

Susan said...

I saw PTO and thought you got some vaca time...LOL

Sean sells Sally Foster too..and it's GREAT stuff. The wrapping paper is wonderful, and tehy have great gifts. Sean was the top 10 sales person in school last year because guess who is top customer was...YES, HIS MOTHER.

LOL

you are a wonderful mommy Karen, but I knew you would be.
Garrett and you and Bob are a force to be reckonded with!

I would happily buy some Sally Foster from you, but, I am sadly, broke from buying beer in Kostanai, and I have to buy it from Sean.

You're the bombiest Mommy ever. :)

Leeza just learned to "gimme a five"
and I know that Garrett is going to THRIVE!
So you keep fighting for your son and dont' take no jive
cuz you make me happy that i am alive

As a Mom and a person you really rock
but i gotta go cuz it's past 10 o'clock

You know that I love ya and i think you're swell
I hope you still like me even though i may smell

sauna's and brown water, nothing wipes the smile from my face
cuz I am with my girl, the pretty leeza grace!

McMary said...

I agree wtih Jennifer M.-you are an inspiration for us future moms.

McMary said...

I just checked out the wrapping paper and put my order in--it looks great.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

From one PTA/PTO mom to another- welcome to the club. I am happy to report that I am Rylie's class' Room Mom.
Funny how we become those people we laugh at :-)