Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big bike


Friday after work, I came home to Garrett waiting in the driveway alongside the big bike. Papa and he were practicing all afternoon and he was so proud to show mama that he's moved on from the tricycle. Big thanks goes out to Carol, my co-worker who loaned us her daughter's trike. He needed it to strengthen his legs and build his dexterity, or else he wouldn't have been ready for the next stage.

Also a couple of nights ago, Bob and I were having a lengthy discussion about a remodeling project. We probably talked a good half hour before noticing how unusually quiet it was. Turns out Garrett was sitting on the living room floor contently beading all that time. Imagine that, the kid has an attention span. In fact, in this picture he looks almost as surprised as we were.

Papa was so happy with Garrett that night.

I was too but I was stuck behind the camera.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I love seeing the pics of you as a family. That is great that Garrett is on a bigger bike now and he is sitting quietly and beading. He has come a long way.

Susan said...

From a trike to a bike--in a matter of weeks? Way to Go Garrett!

and, from "toddler on speed" to a sweetie who will sit and bead while you talk?

I would say that Garrett is adjusting very well into your family.
I think i might cry a little.
Tears of joy--he is your boy!

Patrick & Eileen said...

He has a creative spirit!! How wonderful :)

Eileen

Amy said...

What a great post!!! What progress Garrett has made from attention span to bicycle...I am tempted to go get the bigger bike for Karina and see if she can ride it yet - we still are working with the trike.

McMary said...

What great progress Garrett has made with your love and help--He is so cute--always has been but he looks so different from the first picture. It's great to hear these family stories!
Love the Kaz flag on the house.