Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Anxiously waiting

Tonight I get to talk to my bestest (is that a word?) friend from junior/senior high. Johanna and I were glued at the hip from 7th to 12th grade and haven't talked since 1981. We had a silly misunderstanding, which has haunted me all these years. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. She and I share a history that no one else has. To say that I have missed her friendship is an understatement.

Update: Our conversation went really well. Jo and I chatted for nearly two hours and agreed to talk again next weekend. I hung up feeling like I had found my long-lost sister. Life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you'll talk like not a day has passed. What fun!

Susan said...

that's awesome.......I'm excited to hear about it. :)

Kim said...

Faceboook???

Have fun!

Jennifer said...

Hope it all went well!

Kelly and Sne said...

I'm sure that you'll pick up right where you left off - time has a way of healing all wounds. Besides, you sound like a true friend - and very concerned about their welfare.

Ice skating was a great idea for Garrett - he looks like he's having a great time! When I lived 'up north' I ended up buying a pair of cross-country skis to 'make friends with Winter!'