Tonight we’re having some friends over for an Inaugural gathering (technically, it's not a ball or a bash, so I settled on gathering). Anyhoo, I was discussing it with Garrett over a bowl of Cheerios. Here’s how our conversation went:
K: We’re having people over tonight.
G: Why?
K: Because we’re getting a new president.
G: Present? Tree?
K: No, no. No tree. Pres-i-dent.
G. Present.
K. Well the president is like a present to the country. His name is Obama.
G: Omama. Mama?
K: No, Obama is a boy.
G: Papa?
K: Yes, he is a papa, but not your papa. Now eat your cereal.
G: No eat cereal. No want to go on bus. No like mommy.
And this is how one of the most exciting days in U.S. history began today in the Williams household. Oh, by the way, we were late to the bus stop. Luckily, the bus driver recognized my car from behind and waited for us. Whew!
7 comments:
I am so laughing! I know those kind of conversations well. It is at those times you really realize that yes, my child is learning a whole new language still. I won't be surprised if Nick says to his friends.....oh, just forget it... or we hear him say often, "never mind". I think he has probably heard it from us alot! LOL!
lol..THAT is pretty cute. Have a fun bash tonight. we are going to watch sean's first basketball game..oh boy! :)
Great conversation--I would so rather have that conversation than the heavy ones adults get caught up in--I can't wait.
Hope your gathering was fun.
I can't wait until Kobe is talking. Right now he just babbles. I think once he starts he may not stop but it will make like more interesting!!!!!!
You have to admit the conversation put a smile on your face even if you did almost miss the bus:)
Hi there,
I wanted to tell you that I loved your Christmas card.....what a fun and cute photo of Garrett! Next year maybe I'll have to do a photo card as well.
I took the time to look at posts of yours that I missed...I should be working on dinner so I admit I looked mainly at photos right now. I'll be back though.
Garrett is really like a little man. Little Kazman is fitting! He seems like a cute character that's for sure.
I wish I could go to Kazapalooza but Pat is due to come back *sometime* in June so I must keep June open. When we finally see each other 8 months will have passed.
I'll have to check back more often and/or e-mail too.
Take care,
Eileen
Cute!
Gotta love those coversations!!!!
Post a Comment