As I mentioned in an earlier post, Bob and I have been going back and forth on the early retirement decision. Should he take it or stay and suck it up until he's 65? With the deadline fast approaching—this Saturday—it has caused us much angst (and me a few gray hairs). Whichever way you go there are pros and cons.
Today he found out they've extended the deadline to Feb. 11th. He thinks it's because they're not getting the numbers they assumed they would. Probably because most people feel like we do—there just aren't many jobs out there right now. Two days ago, he drove to a car dealership to apply in person for a service advisor position, which was just posted online. But, by the time he got there, it was already filled (and there were 200 applicants ahead of him).
So what to do in the meantime? Count the gray hairs—oh, I just spotted a new.
5 comments:
It is definitely a scary economic climate out there. I hope for the best for you.
You are in my thoughts & prayers:)
I hope you find peace in whichever decision you make!!!!
Oh man, I hope you guys are able to come to a decision and feel peace about it. I'm sure it so isn't easy.
My thoughts are with you.
that's great you got more time....it is so stressful (and I've been there Joe and a big job change) but take your time and continue to soul search and i have confidence you'll make the right decision!!!
and, that is why they make hair color. :)
Good luck with your decision Karen. My dad has been toying with that decision too and it is a very tough one to make.
Post a Comment