We'd love to hear from you. Whether it's words of encouragement (can never have enough of those), a question about the adoption process or whatever else moves you, please feel free to leave a comment.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Prayers needed
I wrote about my childhood friend Allison a little less than a year ago in my Sunday, January 20, 2008 post. In it, I described her enormous struggles: blindness, bipolar disorder, attempted suicide, separation and pending divorce, estrangement from her younger son—it was really more than anyone can handle. Well it has only gotten worse. Her older brother Alex, who was diagnosed with lymphoma, was in need of a bone marrow transplant and Allison was a “match.” She flew up to N.Y. to have the procedure done. It involves filtering stem cells from the bloodstream, which takes place over multiple days and is quite painful. Going on her fourth day, Alex took a turn for the worse. His lymphoma turned into leukemia and was basically given a death sentence. They continued administering chemo up until the very end and he died a week later. How could this happen? Here she was going up there to help her brother get better only to wind up attending his funeral. He was 53. Please, please if you could include her in your prayers; she’s living one day at a time at this point and I’m really worried about her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
oh my goodness..how awful for her. I WILL MOST DEFINTELY include in her my prayers. I am so sorry to hear this. :(
My condolences to your friend and her family and loved ones. So sad.
Praying for your friend, Karen. Take care and be blessed.
Oh my, I am sorry to read this. I will definitely add your friend to my prayers.
Kim
Oh Karen this is terribly sad news. Will keep your friend in our nightly prayers and blessings. I know with my dad's lymphoma they had to monitor the oral chemo he was on all of last year as one of the "side effects" is leukemia. As if the lymphoma isn't enough!
Just awful. Prayers for sure.
that is just awful. she has our prayers.
praying...what an awful thing to happen!
So very sad to hear of such a sad loss and all the pain your friend is going through......
My prayers are with her & her family.
Darlene
So so sad for your friend.
We still have toddler locks on the doors. Andrey managed to shove a plastic berry up his nose that we had to get out with tweezers. These kids are insatiably curious and determined and have no idea of danger.
Its hard to imagine that everything that is common to us is totally different to them And they are like toddlers - what would be common to a child their age is new and exciting to them. It makes it really hard because they are so mobil and able to reach things a toddler wouldn't.
you're in our throughts.
What a sad story--I wil keep her in my prayers.
Post a Comment