
Right now, the temps in the Twin Cities are in the low single digits with wind chills from 15 to 25 below. Winds will make it even worse tonight with lows near -15 and wind chills near 35 below. (And it gets even colder tomorrow although the winds will subside). Even worse: there’s no real relief in sight with cold air expected to hang around most of next week.
Now across the globe: today, the high in Almaty is 8 with a wind chill of 5 below. Do you think Kazak people look at our temperatures and thank God (or Allah) they don’t live here?
6 comments:
WOW! I hate when it's so cold...you can keep all of it. I WANT spring. :)
Our Eau Claire, WI family members had just told us how cold it was in your part of the country! Ky is not so bad. Just so you know.....Almaty is the warm part of Kaz. Where we were it was definitely in the minus numbers
(-15 to -40)the whole time we were there....with the wind chill, it was at times, painful. My northern wisconsin husband was freezing! We thought we had come to the tropics when we hit Almaty for the last part of our trip. I think Astana was even colder than we were in central-ish Kaz (the steppes)....brrrrrr. You will have had good training if you are anywhere else in Kaz but Almaty.
I love all of your posts with all the fun facts about Kaz!
Ky. Karen
Oh yeah, I forgot, we are finishing up our post adoption report....only need to Apostille and get the pictures copied. Just so you know that we are doing our part to get you there! ;) Hope you hear something soon! K
It sounds like your blood will be thick enough to brave a Kaz Winter! Unfortunately I'll be up in St. Cloud early next week for a business meeting... brrrr!
Man, that is cold, and I'm complaining because our high's have been in the 40's. We might as well be in Maui compared to the cold you are feeling.
Our heater and ac unit is busted. Yes, i'm excited, only $2500 for a new one. and, we are in a cold front. We had a fire in the fireplace last night. Joe and I are wearing our sweats and have blankets, while Sean is in shorts and a t-shirt. :) It's 66 in our house and I am frozen.
I think God knows what he's doing not sending us to Kaz in the dead of winter, cuz we are wimpy, thin skinned Floridians (except for Sean)
Post a Comment