By now, most of you have probably read this email from the yahoo user group. I don't know about you, but it's definitely testing my patience. (Remember, patience is my word for the week.)
"I just got an email from my agency that all regions in Kazakhstan are on hold until the post-placement reports are starting to flow in again. Even agencies that are up-to-date is on hold and it will only be opened to these agencies after some post-placements reports are coming in again. The agencies not up to date with their post-placement reports will be black-listed. My agency is up to date but is now also on hold. Now isn't this a bummer. This hold may last anything from 1 to 4 months."
Has anyone else heard about this? I don't know whether to believe it or not. I haven't been able to get a hold of my agency yet because they work on Pacific Standard Time. Anyone????
9 comments:
Oh, I hope that the e-mail was incorrect! Thinking of you!
oh geez...I have not heard anything like this from my agency but it could be true....if i do hear about it I will tell you ASAP
I checked with WPA and my coordinator said they have not heard anything about this. She said the director received some information from the partners in Kazakhstan this morning nothing was said about this. Let's hope it is a misunderstanding. My coordinator said that regions have been closed - like Karaganda & Almaty - but the whole country has never been.
The entire country? That seems a bit much? I sure hope you get your answers soon. How aggravating. What would make someone post a message like that to a group with so many waiting parents. Nuts!
I read this on a Yahoo group but have not heard from our agency about it. Hope its not true! - A misunderstanding I hope!
Karen, I also called my agency and they did not hear anything yet, unless they dont want to scarre us until is something for sure. Lets pray, this is not true, it would be too much for us, even though things like this can happen.
The lady that said this on the yahoo group is using an agency that doesn't work much in Uralsk, so lets hope and pray that they are WRONG! ;)
Keep us posted on what you hear!
The woman that posted the information has been waiting an excessively long time, even when compared to some of the other long waits out there. She posts frequently to the Canadian yahoo group with useful and accurate (I've verified some of it on my own) information. I don't know her or her agency, but my gut tells me that her agency got it wrong on this one. Let's hope so.
oh, I hope not. I did see that LMI posted that it wasn't true, maybe its for Canada only? I don't think they would shut down the entire country...to be blunt there would be too much money lost. When I see emails like that it just reminds me how important it is to get those PPR's turned in.
Post a Comment