
Sade and I celebrated our anniversary today at brunch. The photo album was a big hit. (Great gift idea Suzanne R. and Karen!) It allowed us to meander down memory lane. Although I rarely see a smile on her face these days, the album was filled with happy images of her being just a kid. Since no one else has chronicled her life, what I gave her was, in essence, her childhood memories. Good memories she can look back on. And to keep the "fun" going, my good friend Suzanne P. (who was also there at the brunch) generously offered to be a surrogate big sister while I’m away in Kazakhstan. (You’re the best Suzanne.)
Sade also had a surprise up her sleeve: she’s enrolled herself back into high school. Tomorrow will be her first day. Not a bad way to start our 11th year together.
10 comments:
yay! I'm so glad Sade will be heading back to school, she won't regret it & her future will be so much brighter because of it. I'm glad you had a good time with her.
BTW, I tagged you(check our blog) :)
That's awesome! What great news! Perhaps you could share something with her, regarding her lacking a smile... that its okay to be happy or sad. Its okay to be happy when things suck, and its okay to be sad when things appear terrific.
We live in a world where people get satisfaction from others miserableness (actually the term for that is one of my favorite words: shadenfreuder (spelling!), which is so unfortunate.
I hope that Sade has a happy life. The thing about that is that you have to allow yourself to be happy.
That is awesome. She is such a pretty girl. I'm so glad she has you in her life. :)
You are doing such a good thing.
to link people to your blog:
when you are writing your post there is a "hyperlink" icon up by the spellcheck, you click on the & it pops up then you just put the address you want in there. I just figured if you just want the persons name to show up(like on my blog) you go toward the end of the link that you just added where there is this >< you put the persons name inbetween those things. I hope this makes sense, I suck at trying to explain things. :)
Such good news!!! It is hard to be a teenager when life is hard and you feel like no one is looking out for you. I am sure Sade is glad to have you in her life.
My dear, you have been tagged. To find out what this means, go see my blog.
That is fantasic. The memory photo album was a great idea. Yea! she's going back to school, good for her!
I'm happy that you found something so meaningful for your anniversary with Sade and it was meaningful for both of you. I realy admire your involvement with the big brother/big sister program--to make a difference in a child's life is the best thing anyone can do.
She needs you, and you are doing wonderful things, especially by motivating her to return to school (says the high school teacher ;-))
You have touched a life, and I so admire you for that. I can't wait to meet you!
Shannon
I'm so glad the brunch went well. I love the pic!
Are you keeping warm? Oh my gosh!!!!
I would have tagged you, but I simply made reference to you on my blog instead as I knew others had beat me to it. :-)
Post a Comment