Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pictures are worth thousands of words

I recently joined a new adoption user group—it's for people who have or will be adopting from Uralsk. One such person I happily connected with is Mona. She adopted her 3-1/2 year old daughter in 2000 and returned in 2003 to help build a playground for Baby House 2 and Zhas Dauren (which I believe is the preschool where our son is living). She goes on to say that Uralsk is changing and developing at such an amazing rate—from third world in 2000 to quite civilized in 2003. In fact, she's planning another trip this summer to take her daughter to meet her caregivers.

Mona has graciously allowed me to post her amazing photos from her 2003 trip. Because there were so many to choose from, I narrowed down the images to just those inside the orphanage. I'll be sure to post more photos later.







6 comments:

Susan said...

The kids are precious--man, Kaz sure does have GORGEOUS children.
The bathrooms-scary. That is sad...maybe the donation you give can go for some new potties.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

Doesn't it do you a world of good to see that the kids are so happy and look so healthy? When you see their faces, it is easy to imagine your little boy among them!

Catalina said...

Wow, it is very sad. So lucky you got in touch with other adoptive families from Uraslsk. I also met 2 families from the region I am going to travel to. Both of them are really nice, they gave me so good advices.
The children are beautiful.

marsrob said...

WOw. That is amazing that she is doing all of that for the Baby House and for her child. INcredible. Thank you for posting on this!

Julian and Sara said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing the story and the photos!

Paula said...

The children are beautiful. Thats neat that you found Mona, its nice to have friends that you can relate with.