Saturday, February 23, 2008

August 16, 2006-February 21, 2008


If you think our adoption process is long, think again. At work, I had a brochure project, which should've taken a month to complete, go over 1-1/2 years from start to finish. (For the record, the job jacket was"officially" opened on August 16, 2006.) Here's the team that got 'er done, from left to right: Carol (account executive, holding the finished files in the orange envelope), Nik (art director), Matt (graphic designer) and me (copywriter). You don't know how good it feels to have that puppy done before heading out of town on Thursday.

It was tough going, but the end product will be amazing. Kudos team for a job well done. Now I can leave for Kazakhstan with a clear head.

7 comments:

Regina said...

Hi KaBob,

Congrats on getting the big project out the door! (I'm a copywriter too!) It must be a relief to finish up big projects knowing that you'll be gone for so long.

I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work. I've had a lot of trouble focusing on anything else but the adoption, even though I continue to do a million other things. It can be consuming at times, so I do enjoy diving into a big work project or house project to help balance my mind in this very unbalanced wait!

The Visa looks nothing like I imagined. Thanks for sharing that photo. :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

Congratulations! That is a good feeling, especially something that has been incubating for so long. And finishing it just before you leave - what timing! I know the feeling as I had a successful presentation of a business proposal on Friday and feel so much calmer now that that is finished.

kitzkazventure said...

Yeah for you! My husband got some really big things done right before we left. It was a great relief to not have those things hanging over our heads. As far as being technical vs. emotional, you will be feeling the emotion of what you will experience for years to come. There were even days in Kaz where we felt that we were just robots going thru the motions....same thing, different day....like the Bill Murray movie! ;) Sometimes, it is OK and healthy to rest from all of the emotions! But, the emotions will come and go and you will see the momentous occasion over and over in your minds as you finish with your journey and come home. The emotions will hit you at the weirdest time and you just have to feel it and rejoice in it or mourn it and go forward. So, don't feel sorry for those days where you have to think clearly and "technically" to get things done. You are just at the beginning of the days where your heart and mind will turn to mush often and you will be glad for and wish for those days that you can think clearly and effectively! ;) I am so excited for you! Ky. Karen

Susan said...

wow, hey, perfect timing!
God is amazing isn't he?
That's awesome. I'm so glad you have that off your shoulders.

Now , just go forth and meet your child.
i'm in the cheerleading section. CAn I be head cheerleader?

Anonymous said...

I'm on finally

Anonymous said...

Yeah, nothing like finishing something so you can head off to the next chapter of your life. Enjoy the clear head while you can, 'cause I think that's about to change ;-)

Shannon

Catalina said...

Congratulations for finishing your project! Now you can relax and focus only on your little boy. Enjoy!!