Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Quick update

Apparently, our LOI has been corrected and our visa applications have been sent to the Consulate. (Big sigh of relief) We're leaving Minneapolis on Thursday, Feb. 28th—a day earlier, so we can spend some time hanging out in Amsterdam. We arrive in Almaty, Kazakhstan on the 2nd where we'll meet up with Sara and Julian Yeomans, a couple from Canada who is in the process of adopting a beautiful baby girl named Yerkezhan. (I just love meeting all our blog buddies.) Then on to Uralsk where another family from Chicago is adopting a baby. So we'll be in good company.

Anyone else out there heading to Kaz anytime soon?

16 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Hey Saren - Can't wait to talk to you on the phone! YEAH on the LOI being reissued so quickly! What a relief.

Jennifer said...

Yay!! Glad to hear the dates were changed successfully!

marsrob said...

WOW! Hooray!!!! That is so exciting! Already planning all of the visits with Americans etc. This is GREAT!!! Cannot wait!

Kelly and Sne said...

Yippie! A date and a plan. Sounds like you are really on your way now. Hopefully we won't be too far behind you... perhaps catch you during the final trip back through Almaty?

Susan said...

that is awesome!! How cool to meet the Yeoman's.
You're going to have a wonderful time. I can't wait to follow you along. :)


I thought maybe we'd not be far behind you..for about 8 hours, then WHOOPS, looks like you'll be home by the time we go. But hey, wait a day and things could change again, right?
that's cool..I just want to be able to follow you as you guys meet your kiddo. :)

Paula said...

Yippee, you're on your way. I'm not familiar with the way Kaz works. Do they give you a referral or do you go to the orphanage and see which child you are drawn to? will you be making more than one trip?
I'm excited for you.

McMary said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you. Happy travels.

Catalina said...

I am glad your LOI was sent again! It`s good you are going to split the trip, you are not going to be so tired and also you will get to visit Amsterdam - is beautiful! and also to see Sara and Julian, it must be so fun!

Thad and Ann said...

whew! glad that everything has worked out. :)

Sandi said...

Hey Karen,
Yes I am leaving March 6th and arriving into Kostanay on March 8th. I am thrilled they fixed the dates and that your visas are being issued.

I hope your busy packing and getting ready for the journey.

sandi

Holly and Dean said...

We're so glad they got your LOI corrected so quickly. We wish you all the best!!!

Holly and Dean

Alaina said...

How exciting! That's soon! I can't wait to follow your time there - we really enjoyed Uralsk (& Almaty) and often talk about going back!

Kim said...

Fabulous news on the LOI. One more week!!

Amy said...

Hi there! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!!! It is even better than you think it will be!!! If you have the attitude of "go with the flow" you will be fine and finding your child is like experiencing your own personal MIRACLE.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

YEAH!!! We are so excited for you! We will keep you in our prayers as you get ready to travel - huge deal getting it all done plus once you are there.

Congrats...keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Karen & Bob-- check out the canal tours while you are in Amsterdam.. Most of them don't stop anywhere, they just bring you around, but it is a cool way to see the architecture and sights-- a better view than walking the streets and studying your map! The number of bikes and houseboats will amaze you! I cannot wait to read your posts from Kaz!