Forgive me if my last post sounded so clinical. We're in a "get 'er done" mode right now. So much to do, so little time. I know once I get on the plane, waves of emotion will hit me. This experience will be life changing on so many levels. I'm so ready to be a mom yet I don't feel quite prepared for it. I have so much love to give yet will this little boy reject me? Excited, tired, anxious, curious—my mind is racing.
12 comments:
you are nt clinical. You will be a WONDERFUL mother, and the little boy will LOVE YOU.
no worries on that front.
if you weren't nervous, you wouldn't be normal. :)
You're doing what needs to be done, at this moment. It is all about the details, until you have your little one.
Then you can both enjoy.
Best of luck on your trip.
Lorraine
Don't worry about being clinical. First of all, clinical is totally acceptable for two weeks prior to the trip. Secondly, you're not clinical. Youre doing what you have to do, without fuss.
But most importantly, you are such a warm person, gentle, considerate, thoughtful, observant, yada yada, how could someone not love you? Except for the part about "I'm going to Tampa tomorrow!" Hahaha. I think that was perfectly acceptable too!
Karen, I think these are normal feelings. I would be very anxious too, this is such an important event in your life. You are going to be a great mom! I wish you a great travel!
Congrats on your trip... SO excited for you. Your feeling are completely normal... but be at ease, you are going to be a GREAT mommy!! I will be praying for you as you head into the final days before you leave to meet your precious little boy! How fun to "travel" along with you on your journey and know that you will soon be bringing your child home, here to MN!! God bless! <><
~Tanya~
You are going to do great.
And race it does... I couldn't wait to finally get on that plane so I could be STILL! So my body could be still, so my mind could be still (ha!), so my hands could be still. There is just so much to be done!!!
I remember thinking on the plane, "When we go to get Gianna, we'll have to bring a different laptop bag because this one isn't working. Wait a minute!! WE ARE ON OUR WAY!! But, but, but...!!" Good luck, and I say this with all seriousness and honesty- even though you probably have a million friends and family willing to help you out, if you need anything while you're gone, just let us know. We're right across town and can help out in any way you need with the house or mail or packages or whatever.
One must get into a zone to get all things done that are important. No need to apologize and I am sure once you are on that plane you will be so relieved.
Sending lots of good fortune and best wishes for a safe flight.
Sandi
No way - you gotta do what you gotta do to get to your child. Save those emotions for the meeting! We can't wait!
I would be exactly the same way. Like you said, once you step on the plane all of the paperwork stuff will melt away and you will be able to think about how much fun you are going to have bein a mom.
Hi Karen,
You sound so normal--not clinical at all. Your little boy will love love love you and you will be a great family.
No keep going on the to do list so that you are ready to take off and meet your little guy.
Wow. Your comments are tugging on my heartstrings. Of course it makes sense you are feeling all these things!!
I'm going to quit writing and phone you. I am so excited for you!
Rochelle
Post a Comment