Wednesday, February 27, 2008

50º in Uralsk

Did you know that it's warmer in Uralsk than it is here? (That just seems wrong somehow.) And from our poll, it looks like we'll be in Kaz 3 days shy of 2 months. But we won't be lacking for company. On the trip over, we'll be traveling with the Reeds from Colorado and Catalina and her husband from Brooklyn, NY. Once we arrive in Almaty, we'll hook up with our Canadian blog buddies, Sara and Julian. Once in Uralsk, there's Stacey and Dave from Winnepeg and Gretchen and Greg from Bob's hometown of Chicago. Sandi (one of the Tampa Hot Mamas) leaves for Kaz on March 6th and Amy from Illinois is currently bonding beautifully with her sweet little girl Karina. Yay!!!!!

Before we go, I wanted to thank everyone for their love and support. From Mike, Nancy, Bob and Matt for loaning me the laptop, notarizing endless documents and allowing me this time off to my good friend Suzanne P (who's paying bills and acting as our POA) to Noah watching our fur kids to Rochelle for organizing a welcome home greeting to all my blog buddies who've given me great advice and tons of encouragement to FINALLY my supportive husband who's crazy enough to do this dad thing all over again. I love you honey.

Please continue to send your comments—you don't know how much it means to us.

Bon voyage. Next time we talk we'll be halfway around the world. Imagine that.

30 comments:

Catalina said...

Karen, I just checked the tickets, we are going to be in the same boat :) - flying with KLM at 6:10 pm from Amsterdam. This is so fun, I am so excited :). Let me just get my visa tomorrow - there seems to be some problems with the date of exit from Kaz - I will explain later. Wow, i can`t wait!!!!!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

We are so so excited for you. We'll be stalking even more aggressively, anxious for updates! We are sending lots of happy thoughts and positive karma. Off you go!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck and safe travels. I will be thinking of you.

Regina said...

I can't believe you guys are finally going! It's surreal when our blog buddies actually get on that plane. I'm so happy for you and cannot wait till you meet your child!

dnd82001 said...

Wonderful news on your traveling and even better is that you will have a lot of "friends" with you on this journey to a very far away place. What a blessing it is that you will all have each other for support, strenght and understanding!!

Have safe travels and keep us posted!
Darlene

Jennifer said...

Happy travels you guys! I can't wait for your next post!

McMary said...

WOW!! I just don't know what else to say. this is the moment you've been waiting for. WOW!!
So cool that you have so many friends to hook up with and share this time with.
I'm so excited for you. Happy travels.

Thad and Ann said...

I'm so excited for you!! Have a safe trip. ;)

Susan said...

I am so excited to cheer you on from here.
I was 50 here tonight and we were all frozen watching Sean's first baseball game.
wimpy floridian's that we are.

GO KAREN AND BOB GO, GO TO KAZ AND HAVE SOME FUN
you'll be warmer in the Uralsk sun

I can't wait for you to meet your child
this ride you're on-it's gonna get wild!

:)

xoxoxo
head cheerleader
Susan

Paula said...

The journey of a lifetime.. have fun and be safe.

Julian and Sara said...

Have a wonderful trip! We look forward to meeting you and will sit tight until we hear from you on or before Sunday in Almaty.

Sara and Julian

Diana said...

Blessing and good 'thots' to you.

Let go and let it happen!!

Kelly and Sne said...

Have a wonderful trip! It is a beautiful time of the year to go - not too hot and not too cold. And, while it does seem that a fast trip is no longer a possiblity, you'll have a great time cherishing every moment and bring back lots of memories and your forever child. Can't wait to follow along!

Matthew Ruley said...

Be safe, my friend, and enjoy the journey of a lifetime!

Stacy said...

So excited for you. Enjoy the ride, sometimes it gets crazy, but it is o worth it!!!!

Holly and Dean said...

I can't believe you are on your way...I am sooo excited for you! It's nice to see that you will have so many friends in Kaz...it helps so much to have support from families going through this crazy, amazing, wonderful process. Thanks for including us on your journey.

Holly and Dean

PS- We were in Uralsk and Almaty for a total of 5 1/2 weeks so I am voting that you will be there no more than 6 weeks.

marsrob said...

I just got the shivers reading that post! I cannot believe this it is sooooo exciting! You are going to be in the greatest company over there! What an exciting adventure and we cannot wait to read your posts from Kaz!

kitzkazventure said...

Blessings to you and your hubbie! So, so excited for you and that little one just waiting to meet mama and papa! Saddle up your horses, you got a trail to blaze!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

By the time your reading this, you'll be in Kaz!! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Angela said...

Bon voyage! I am so happy for you guys! Have a safe, speedy trip!

TanyaLea said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! I cannot believe you are on your way... how exciting! Just think...next time you step on MN soil, you be holding your son! God bless you on your travels. Can't wait to see photos of your little Kazman!! Enjoy the journey!

~Tanya~

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Hi, I've been following your blog. I'll be arriving in Kaz on March 10 and then on to Petro. I'll be seeing Catalina there. Safe travels to you all. Susan from Austin smooretexan@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage, God Bless, Godspeed, and everything else that will keep you safe, happy, and joyful. I'm thinking of you my friends!
Shannon

Matthew Ruley said...

Thinking about you! Wonder exactly hwere you are... HOpe you get some rest on the plane!

Susan said...

hi there. i wonder where you are NOW.
can you hear me NOW?
:)

Susan said...

where are you NOW? it's 6:55 am on friday morning. I"m freezing. did a long run in the florida cold.

thinking of you guys....


can you hear me now?

lisavk said...

I keep dialing on thinking you SHOULD HAVE UPDATED BY NOW - ha ha. of course you are on a plane but one can always hope. I'm following every day of your journey and am so happy for you and for your new child .....
Lisa
-mom to 2 from uralsk

Susan said...

TIS now 3:28 pm on friday.
WHERE ARE YOU?

Signed,
Head cheerleader

Anonymous said...

The adventure continues. Enjoy your trip. Don't worry about a thing back home, I've got you covered sis.

We can't wait to read what happens next...

love ya

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שלווה, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים אנא גשו לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]